• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sun created on Genesis Day 4, Plants on Day 3?

What heated the Earth for plants to survive between Creation Day 3 and Day 4?

• God's Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volcanic Gas

• The Genesis Creation Account's Pure Mythology.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • A complex array of Lasers and Mirrors.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Don't know/Unsure

• Total voters

2ndpillar

First, it was one day. They would have been fine. Second, light was created before the objects meant to emit it. There was already light, just not a sun, moon or stars. And before you ask how, you know my answer will be God. I think that the universe was still an open system at this time, and that the laws of the universe hadn't yet been set in stone. The Bible says that the work of creation wasn't finished until day seven, when it says God rested, rested meaning stopped, from His work which He had done. But I have no proof for that idea. It just makes sense to me.

The heavens and the earth were created according to the laws of opposites. To have light you also need darkness. To have good, you have to have bad. To have sweet you have to have bitter. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The first part was that light was added to the pre existing darkness. (Genesis 1:1-3), and the "light was called day", and "there was evening and there was morning, one day". (Genesis 1:4-5). That was the "in the beginning" (Genesis 1:1). The laws creation was built on preceded the creation. The "Word", the Law and the prophets, were from the beginning, in the form of the alpha. At the time of the omega, there will be a new heaven and earth, and it will have different laws, and will not require darkness/evil to provide bitter and sweet.

2ndpillar

According to my Biblical recollections, it was a big fish. I am aware that at the time of Scriptures people (or God, if He was the author thereof) could not say the difference between mammals and fish/birds, since they also confused bats with birds. Nevertheless, if it was a big fish, it could not have been possibly be a whale. So, a tuna is more plausible.

I just wonder how he smelled after three days inside a tuna.

Ciao

- viole

The ASB, per Matthew 12:40, translates as belly of the whale, but I checked with other bibles, and they listed belly of a great fish, and belly of a fish and belly or a sea monster. A "tuna" would not compare to a whale, a sea monster. Jonah would have had a hard time fitting into the mouth of a tuna. Tuna photo below:
tuna photos - Bing images

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The ASB, per Matthew 12:40, translates as belly of the whale, but I checked with other bibles, and they listed belly of a great fish, and belly of a fish and belly or a sea monster. A "tuna" would not compare to a whale, a sea monster. Jonah would have had a hard time fitting into the mouth of a tuna. Tuna photo below:
tuna photos - Bing images
And fitting in the stomach of a big fish/whale under the sea for three days is perfectly plausible?

Maybe God also miraculously made him small enough, or the tuns big enough, to accommodate him. Who can say, if even Scripture is confused whether it was a fish or a mammal?

ciao

- viole

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
According to the Genesis Creation account, the Sun was created on Day 4, and plants were created beforehand on Day 3. I'm curious to know, What heated the Earth for plants to survive between Genesis Creation Day 3 and Day 4?
I comprehend that the word 'created' and the word 'made' are two different words.
When I read the word ' made ' that makes me think of something that is already created.
For example: the pro-created child (already existing child) can be 'made' to go to school, 'made' to sit in a chair, etc.
So, on creation Day One the sun, moon and stars were in existence.
Then later on Day 4 God 'made' the already created sun, moon, stars to do something.- Genesis 1:17-18
God ' made ' the light from the already existing sun, moon and stars to now give their light to reach Earth's surface.
Years ago my high school English teacher thought that was the correct understanding of the two different words.

According to the Genesis Creation account, the Sun was created on Day 4, and plants were created beforehand on Day 3. I'm curious to know, What heated the Earth for plants to survive between Genesis Creation Day 3 and Day 4?

I believe plants were seeds, when they were created. Could have survived in freezing conditions. But, maybe there was geothermal heat.

2ndpillar

And fitting in the stomach of a big fish/whale under the sea for three days is perfectly plausible?

Maybe God also miraculously made him small enough, or the tuns big enough, to accommodate him. Who can say, if even Scripture is confused whether it was a fish or a mammal?

ciao

- viole

Being a parable, I am not sure it matters, but it is the translators who are in disarray as to the original meaning. The ASB says whale, others say sea monster, but to say Tuna, one is apparently being dismissive, and show their bias. The "sea monster" could be the submarine from the book "20000 leagues under the sea" who slipped into a black hole in the Bermuda Triangle. The message used was that Jonah was gone for 3 days and 3 nights, the only sign to be given with regards to the son of man. According to the daughters of Babylon, the "Christian" churches, was Christ in the earth for 3 days and 3 nights or not? And who declared a whale a mammal, and when? Did all mammals come from the sea, or not? If so, could not a whale be considered a sea monster?

2ndpillar

I believe plants were seeds, when they were created. Could have survived in freezing conditions. But, maybe there was geothermal heat.

At least you answered the question whether it was first the chicken or the egg. I am not sure you will get 100% agreement.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm not sure... in the options that are available:
Revelation 22:5
There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.

Just a thought.

2ndpillar

I'm not sure... in the options that are available:
Revelation 22:5
There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.

Just a thought.

That will be under the new laws with regard to the creation of a new heaven and earth. That has not happened. The sun and lambs are still needed to light up Jerusalem.

Kenny

Premium Member
That will be under the new laws with regard to the creation of a new heaven and earth. That has not happened. The sun and lambs are still needed to light up Jerusalem.
It is speculation, of course, but it may be how things were before the land was cursed.

2ndpillar

It is speculation, of course, but it may be how things were before the land was cursed.

Before the "land was cursed", there were nights/darkness, whereas under the order of the new heaven and earth, "there shall no longer by any night" (Revelation 22:5).

Colt

The Israelites created the Genesis creation story by weaving together elements of Mesopotamian lore.

Kenny

Premium Member
Before the "land was cursed", there were nights/darkness, whereas under the order of the new heaven and earth, "there shall no longer by any night" (Revelation 22:5).
that doesn't say that... it is your viewpoint (which you can have) :)

2ndpillar

that doesn't say that... it is your viewpoint (which you can have) :)

It apparently is the viewpoint of the bible I am looking at (Revelation 22:5). Although this is with respect to Jerusalem, in which the murderers, and liars, are locked outside of the gate (Revelation 22:14-15)

New American Standard Bible Revelation 22:5
And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illuminate them; and they will reign forever and ever.

Kenny

Premium Member
It apparently is the viewpoint of the bible I am looking at (Revelation 22:5). Although this is with respect to Jerusalem, in which the murderers, and liars, are locked outside of the gate (Revelation 22:14-15)

New American Standard Bible Revelation 22:5
And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illuminate them; and they will reign forever and ever.
No... murderers and liars came after sin entered into the world, not when God created the Heavens and the earth and said "let there be light".

2ndpillar

No... murderers and liars came after sin entered into the world, not when God created the Heavens and the earth and said "let there be light".

I don't know, the father of lies, the devil/serpent, appeared to already be in the garden of Eden. And light and darkness predated eating of the fruit. Apparently, darkness/void preceded the light. (Genesis 1:2)

Fallen Prophet

I believe that Genesis 1 is describing a spiritual organization of the Heavens and the Earth - rather than their physical formation. Sort of like a rehearsal.

I believe that the beginning of Genesis 2 sheds some light (figuratively :p) on this idea,

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and santificed it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

¶ These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground." (Genesis 2:1-5)

I believe this states that God ended His work of spiritually organizing the Heavens and the Earth as well as "all the host of them" - implying that it included all future creations.

Then verse 4 claims that this is the record of the "generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created" - or rather the physical formation of these things - and this creation was performed by the "Lord God" rather than "God" who had performed all the work up until that point.

And this record of creation includes the plants before they were planted in the Earth and every herb before they grew - because Genesis 1 was describing their spiritual organization - not physical formation.

So - to answer your question - I do not believe that there was any need to heat the Earth of the plants up until Genesis 2 - because they were not physically formed yet - but only spiritual.

Kenny

Premium Member
I don't know, the father of lies, the devil/serpent, appeared to already be in the garden of Eden. And light and darkness predated eating of the fruit. Apparently, darkness/void preceded the light. (Genesis 1:2)
True... true... but God had put order in darkness and brought "light" into the darkness... Adam was suppose to kick the serpent out and keep things in its proper order.

The same "light" ion Revelation also comes after the darkness.

2ndpillar

True... true... but God had put order in darkness and brought "light" into the darkness... Adam was suppose to kick the serpent out and keep things in its proper order.

The same "light" ion Revelation also comes after the darkness.

Adam was supposed to keep God's Commandment. Resist the devil and he will flee. Like most men, Adam was led by his wife, and ended up being thrown out of his house. As for the "kingdom", those outside of the gates, will continue to have darkness (Revelation 22:15), as they will remain apart from the "righteous" (Revelation 22:14). Most men of today, follow Paul, and determine on their own, what is right (good) and what is wrong (evil). The end game is "destruction" (Matthew 7:13).

Kenny

Premium Member
Adam was supposed to keep God's Commandment. Resist the devil and he will flee. Like most men, Adam was led by his wife, and ended up being thrown out of his house. As for the "kingdom", those outside of the gates, will continue to have darkness (Revelation 22:15), as they will remain apart from the "righteous" (Revelation 22:14). Most men of today, follow Paul, and determine on their own, what is right (good) and what is wrong (evil). The end game is "destruction" (Matthew 7:13).
Your point has nothing to do with light and the OP... so I'm not sure of your application. (not to mention your exegesis seems to drip with personal dogma versus biblical understanding)