• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summoning spirits in the woods

Spiderman

Veteran Member
These Franciscans I'm with have 60 acres of forests with trails and statues and crosses. There is a special spiritual presence. I like to summon spirits with drums , campfires, grain offerings, and incense, but looks like I'll just have to snap my fingers and clap.
It feels so much closer to God and supernatural beings in nature.

Any tips on how I can summon and please the spirits and creatures of the woodlands?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
These Franciscans I'm with have 60 acres of forests with trails and statues and crosses. There is a special spiritual presence. I like to summon spirits with drums , campfires, grain offerings, and incense, but looks like I'll just have to snap my fingers and clap.
It feels so much closer to God and supernatural beings in nature.

Any tips on how I can summon and please the spirits and creatures of the woodlands?

No tips on summoning imagination but just enjoy the nature

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Catholicism forbids summoning spirits because there is risk of summoning the wrong ones.

I'm a Shinto Catholic. Shintoism has no dogmas or scriptures, and can be very much blended with Catholicism.

I consider myself just as much Shinto as I am Catholic, if not more so. I think most Catholics would have an issue with that.

Shintoism is all about communicating with the spirits of the Dead and the spirits of nature. In Shintoism it is believed that every mountain, every lake, every garden, and every Forrest is a place where spirits dwell.

All of the Dead become Kami, and after a family member dies, they become family Kami (spirit) who continue to assist their loved ones.

Spirits also dwell in houses Shinto practitioners make for them. Spirits also dwell where there are shrines in their honor.

I'd loved it to talk to a Shinto spiritual advisor or director, but almost all of them live in Japan.

I suggest you seek out the Abbot and just ask him what he recommends. Tell him, in detail, what you'd like to do.
Let me know how that goes.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Practicing any sort of ritual that might be considered offensive to your gracious and generous host doesn't seem very wise. Don't bite the hand that feeds.