• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summertime Summertime Sum Sum Summertime . . .

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Just found out that the parks district is going to be holding their usual summertime Movies in the park every Saturday starting sometime next month with King Kong versus Godzilla. :D

This is one of my favorite things about summer where I live, and one of the things I missed most during the pandemic.

They put a big screen up at the bottom of a hill and everyone sits on the hillside eating free popcorn.

Sometimes I'll do my laundry Saturday afternoon at the laundromat right across from the park so that I'll have a nice comfortable duffel bag to sit on. Then I'll stop at the co-op close by and load up on goodies to munch on during the movie.

So, what are some of your favorite summer time things to do?

Did you have to give any of them up during the pandemic (not saying the pandemic is over, but this is one of the few times I'm glad that people are acting like it is)?

:sunglasses:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
And come on, King Kong versus Godzilla?

Does it really get any better than this?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

I have a few. Though one thing I like to do is pay several trips to GameStop. I used to like picnics, and I may have one or two this summer, but I really really have to wait and see how covid restrictions go first, as I live in a place generally deemed a hotspot.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In the summer all of the flowers are out over here, and they brighten thing up a lot. Normally its all green or grey. We also have very nice colors in Autumn.

Not that I dislike green, but I like some other colors too.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Night markets.

Several towns and villages hold night markets throughout the summer. The only product on offer is street food. You go from stall to stall buying whatever you fancy to eat, find a vacant table or at least one with enough seats and tuck in.

Take your own cutlery, plates, drink etc. Or buy a bottle or few from the local cave (wine cellar)

There will be a band playing, an area set aside for dancing, another are set aside for kids playing.

I missed them last year.

What else...

Breakfast picnics. Head out around 7:30 with a flask of coffee and a picnic blanket to one of the local beauty spots (the whole area is classed as a beauty spot so they are not hard to find). We usually head for a riverside spot. On the way call in at a patisserie and buy pastries and maybe petite gateaux.

Arrive at your spot, throw down the blanket and tuck in. Still warm from baking pastry, hot coffee and delightful views. What a great way it is to prepare for the day.

Deidre

Sounds pretty nice, @Quagmire

Summertime pretty much all year round here, but it's nice to sit outside with a glass of wine, listen to music, search the forums, all while cranes and ducks walk by...but beware of alligators in the lake. lol It's like a zoo in my backyard, some evenings. :crocodile:

Brian2

Veteran Member
Just found out that the parks district is going to be holding their usual summertime Movies in the park every Saturday starting sometime next month with King Kong versus Godzilla. :D

This is one of my favorite things about summer where I live, and one of the things I missed most during the pandemic.

They put a big screen up at the bottom of a hill and everyone sits on the hillside eating free popcorn.

Sometimes I'll do my laundry Saturday afternoon at the laundromat right across from the park so that I'll have a nice comfortable duffel bag to sit on. Then I'll stop at the co-op close by and load up on goodies to munch on during the movie.

Did you have to give any of them up during the pandemic (not saying the pandemic is over, but this is one of the few times I'm glad that people are acting like it is)?

:sunglasses: