• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summary of the History of RF

lunamoth

Will to love
You're back, Birthday Sister! It's been a long, long time. I hope you're doing well.

your here !?

Luna! Long time, no see! Thought you'd gone MIA.

Hi All,

Yes, I'm here I never left! Just busy with full-time work and raising two teenagers these days.

I mostly lurk and would post more if I had more free time. I hate to post without fully reading/following a conversation, but usually don't have time to do that.

luna

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am disappointed that I, a seemingly prominent member of RF wasn't even mentioned in this history :p, after all if you go to RF Media and click on most viewed, my media named "Xepera-Xeper-Xeperu" is no.1 most viewed, and my pic "Adramelek" is no.3 most viewed. Why the hell I am so popular I have no idea. :smileycat:

Given the above, in all honesty, I am the last person to seek popularity.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am disappointed that I, a seemingly prominent member of RF wasn't even mentioned in this history :p, after all if you go to RF Media and click on most viewed, my media named "Xepera-Xeper-Xeperu" is no.1 most viewed, and my pic "Adramelek" is no.3 most viewed. Why the hell I am so popular I have no idea. :smileycat:

Given the above, in all honesty, I am the last person to seek popularity.
Then let me be the first to say.....
All hail Adramelek, poster extraordinaire!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
This is a summary of the history of RF, the landmarks in its history, the most prominent members thereof, and the most important transitions that the forum has gone through over the years.
I don't know how I missed this thread when it was first posted, but thank you -- you did a great job.

Above all else, I'm reminded of how much value I've received from RF and many of its members. A sincere thank you for that as well.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know how I missed this thread when it was first posted, but thank you -- you did a great job.

Above all else, I'm reminded of how much value I've received from RF and many of its members. A sincere thank you for that as well.

Thanks, Jay. That means a lot coming from you. You've taught me quite a few things over the course of my membership here, and I'm grateful for that.

Thanks DS and Jay for the kind words, it's good to "see" everyone again. I've missed you all as well. It's interesting to think of all the things that have changed in my life since I joined during my formative years in 2004 and all the things that must have changed in other peoples' lives, too, and the impact RF has had on everyone. The views of Jay and so many others on this forum certainly had an impact on me, and by extension, probably many people in my life. Are we the same as when we joined? I wonder.

If I look at my old posts, will I cringe with embarrassment? (Probably) If I look at others' posts, will I smile and shake my head - either because that person has changed so much, or hasn't changed a bit?

:astonished:, I have been on many forums and either I can't find the post or there isn't one; this is the first forum that has a history page under things us new joiners should look at and that in of it's self should be something that the devs and managers of this forum should be beaming about. good job.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
FYI: After reading the OP of this thread again today, I edited it to say, "This is a summary of the history of RF, the landmarks in its history, some of the most prominent members thereof [...]" instead of, "This is a summary of the history of RF, the landmarks in its history, the most prominent members thereof [...]." Any given member's not being included in the first three posts in this thread doesn't mean that they're not a productive or valuable member of the RF community; it's just that one can only mention so many members in one thread. Some members have left, some have stopped posting regularly, and some don't have many posts (by which I generally mean 10,000 or more posts), among other things.

So, if you're not included in this thread, please don't assume you're not recognized by the staff as a valuable member. Heck, there are many staff members who are not mentioned in this thread. Mentioning all of the forum's productive, valuable members in at least a little bit of detail wouldn't require a thread; it would require a small book. :D

Rex

Founder
Here is another tidbit.

We once had a Tshirt creation contest. Everyone voted and I ordered some 200+ Tshirts to give out on the forum. I get the shirts in and we misspelled Religious on the shirts!!!!!!!!! haha

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Here is another tidbit.

We once had a Tshirt creation contest. Everyone voted and I ordered some 200+ Tshirts to give out on the forum. I get the shirts in and we misspelled Religious on the shirts!!!!!!!!! haha
I'm gonna find one on the internet.