• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summary of the History of RF

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No offense DS, but a true RF histogram would include at least a cursory mention of the Frubal Inflation.

Also, you forgot the part where dust1n came and changed everything.

I expect the 2nd draft to be better.
Yeah. I remember when Netdoc's "Frubals on your head!" was a few hundred, and then it grew and grew and grew, until eventually frubals from certain members were worth thousands.
I'd also give a dark and foreboding name to the ownership going from Todd to a corporation, because it was really bad. And then for awhile there was a Mormon conspiracy going on with some members feeling there were too many and they were too influential, and the Mormon member rate went from being of a good size to just a few.
And how dare you not mention the great religion of Trampolines?:p

dust1n

Zindīq
Yeah. I remember when Netdoc's "Frubals on your head!" was a few hundred, and then it grew and grew and grew, until eventually frubals from certain members were worth thousands.
I'd also give a dark and foreboding name to the ownership going from Todd to a corporation, because it was really bad. And then for awhile there was a Mormon conspiracy going on with some members feeling there were too many and they were too influential, and the Mormon member rate went from being of a good size to just a few.

Haha, one day I'll throw up my picture of me billions of frubals and my four blue medals. Now that's something that belongs in the RF museum.

I think I actually joined after the switch, like not too much later than, as I would have been Nov '07.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

It's the great trampolines of love. I bounce in reverence of all things jiggly and giggly.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Feel free to ask any questions about RF's history if you still have any after reading the summary.
thanks for this informations

What was the first thread ever and posted by who , what was the first threads in every DIR title ,and what was first member sign up in RF

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

What was the first thread ever and posted by who

I'm not sure this information is available anymore. However, you can go to the very first page of the introduction forum (the one this thread is located in) to check some of the first threads in the forum's history.

what was the first threads in every DIR title

You can also go to the first page of each respective DIR forum to see the first thread posted there.

and what was first member sign up in RF

Definitely @Rex, being that he is the founder of RF.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I joined in 2006, I suppose right before the changeover. But I didn't come over from another forum, as Revoltingest seemed to think. I simply found this one fun, challenging, diverse and informative. I've noticed in the 9 years I've been here, an exodus of Mormons, an influx of JWs and also of atheists. The landscape has changed, and the tenor of the discussions. AND I MISS THE FRUBALS!!! Bring them baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I joined in 2006, I suppose right before the changeover. But I didn't come over from another forum, as Revoltingest seemed to think. I simply found this one fun, challenging, diverse and informative. I've noticed in the 9 years I've been here, an exodus of Mormons, an influx of JWs and also of atheists. The landscape has changed, and the tenor of the discussions. AND I MISS THE FRUBALS!!! Bring them baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!
Hah! You were one of us....you were just one of the refugees already here.
Unless.....are you a different Sojourner?
You sure seem like him....just calmer
Here's the test.....
Do you play wei qi (go)?

Last edited:

Aquitaine

I gotta admit, my eyes nearly welled-up when reading about RF members who met up in real life, and those who dated each other.

Awwww, man, RF's great. :)

I'd love that, too! The only problem is that I don't even know where Trampolines of Love is!

Trampolines of Love is a small town based in BigSquishyHugsville, MS.

Last edited:

Aquitaine

I must say that it is extremely satisfying to see the positive feedback this thread has been getting. It took me a couple of nearly sleepless nights to compose, so I'm really glad it turned out well. :D

Yeah, you've done a really good job. Nice work! :)

Curious George

Veteran Member

What was the first thread ever and posted by who , what was the first threads in every DIR title ,and what was first member sign up in RF
The oldest I found was this
Is eating shellfish a sin? | ReligiousForums.com

There are other threads by rex that is just a welcome, that were posted before.

On the next day another member posted an introduction to which rex replied that the site was not open to the public. So I would guess that this shellfish post on the 16th was the first thread. But rex comes around every so often it seems, maybe he can remember what the first thread was.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hah! You were one of us....you were just one of the refugees already here.
Unless.....are you a different Sojourner?
You sure seem like him....just calmer
Here's the test.....
Do you play wei qi (go)?
Different Sojourner. Promise. Nope. Don't play "wei qi." (Don't even know what that is...)

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
It says "summary of the history of RF" but I don't see any of the gold-plated monuments to myself that I proposed, nor any of the suggested rewrites. I am disappointed ;_;.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It says "summary of the history of RF" but I don't see any of the gold-plated monuments to myself that I proposed, nor any of the suggested rewrites. I am disappointed ;_;.

You understand that this is the OFFICIAL history.
The unofficial one includes details on the staff orgies, the Walks of Fame and Shame (which is actually just one walk) and the inclusion of our manifesto for World Domination. Actually, there are 13 of those, since it seems a common aim of some of our more megalomaniac contributors. Heck, I've written 3.