• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sum of Awe here ready for the interview

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I recently bought a house here, and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. It's a simple house; three bedrooms (one's small, one's medium, the other is a little bigger than medium) without a basement and it's one story. But it's got everything I need and it was worth the price.

I care less about the location, I've lived in a beautiful area before but it was too quiet of a town (other than that it was my favorite place to live -- Guttenberg) and I could've moved to a larger city but it would be too scary and un-affordable for me, plus I'd have to have found a different job. I care more about convenience and I feel like where I live now is the most convenient for my needs (Charles City)

Guttenburg is beautiful... I'm jealous you got to live there!

I can see how Charles City would be a convenient place to live.

We really wanted to buy in Decorah, but that wasn't a do-able commute, and my husband didn't want to find a new job, so we're in Waterloo for the long haul.

What do you think of Waterloo(assuming you've been here)?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Guttenburg is beautiful... I'm jealous you got to live there!

Haha, yeah it was great! I rented there for a year and a half, went for a walk along a (3 mile?) river walk or even just through town every nice day. I had to move because it was hard to start a social life down that way and find a good job. Have you been there?

We really wanted to buy in Decorah, but that wasn't a do-able commute, and my husband didn't want to find a new job, so we're in Waterloo for the long haul.

Oh! I've been to Decorah, but only along that highway portion that goes by Walmart on the east end and McDonalds on the west end. What made you want to live there?

What do you think of Waterloo(assuming you've been here)?
I love what I've seen of it! I've been to Spirit Halloween, Starbucks, Marcus Theaters, Barnes and Noble, and a couple other places. There's a lot of things to do there. But I get nervous around heavy traffic, and I'd get lost without GPS because of all of the streets.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Haha, yeah it was great! I rented there for a year and a half, went for a walk along a (3 mile?) river walk or even just through town every nice day. I had to move because it was hard to start a social life down that way and find a good job. Have you been there?

Oh! I've been to Decorah, but only along that highway portion that goes by Walmart on the east end and McDonalds on the west end. What made you want to live there?

I love what I've seen of it! I've been to Spirit Halloween, Starbucks, Marcus Theaters, Barnes and Noble, and a couple other places. There's a lot of things to do there. But I get nervous around heavy traffic, and I'd get lost without GPS because of all of the streets.

We've driven through Guttenburg a few times just to enjoy the scenery. I can imagine it would be hard to find a decent job there... I can't remember how close Dubuque is from there...

We really liked the scenery in Decorah, there was a lot to do for us, and the people are abnormally friendly(especially in comparison to Waterloo's attitude problem).

The traffic in Waterloo can get troublesome... I always felt whoever designed the roads here was a drunk.

My mom met one of the current road developers... at the bar... so it further supports my claim...

Have you traveled far outside Iowa?

The Sum of Awe

We've driven through Guttenburg a few times just to enjoy the scenery. I can imagine it would be hard to find a decent job there... I can't remember how close Dubuque is from there...

We really liked the scenery in Decorah, there was a lot to do for us, and the people are abnormally friendly(especially in comparison to Waterloo's attitude problem).

The traffic in Waterloo can get troublesome... I always felt whoever designed the roads here was a drunk.

My mom met one of the current road developers... at the bar... so it further supports my claim...

Have you traveled far outside Iowa?
As a kid I went to South Dakota and Montana with my parents and sister. I'd like to go out there again some day

The Sum of Awe

Is it true you grew up on farm in rural America?
I did not grow up on a farm, but I did grow up in rural America (a small town with a population of 200-300 people, surrounded by towns of roughly the same size). I did work on a hog farm for four years though, best job I ever had!