• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suicide Bomber kills 20 in marketplace

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
20 dead in Iraq

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A suicide bomber detonated a minibus Wednesday in an outdoor market packed with shoppers ahead of a Muslim festival, killing about 20 people and wounding more than 60 in a Shiite town south of Baghdad. Four U.S. troops were killed west of the capital, two in a helicopter crash.

Also Wednesday, the U.S. command confirmed moves to step up training on how to combat roadside bombs — now the biggest killers of American troops in Iraq. At least 2,032 U.S. military service members have died since the Iraq conflict began in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
michel said:
This gets worse by the day.:(

They've been ordered to target their own people... just because they are a different tribe. The same people being crapped on by Saddam are now being targeted by the terrorists. I just can't imagine living like that.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Darkdale said:
They've been ordered to target their own people... just because they are a different tribe. The same people being crapped on by Saddam are now being targeted by the terrorists. I just can't imagine living like that.
Well, basically it is a civil war.

Popeyesays

Darkdale said:
They are a different sect of Islam, not a different tribe, because many Shi'ih are indeed Arabs as are the Sunni Iraqis.

Killing a believer intentionally is an act unforgiven by God. I quote the Qur'an for that:
"93. If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (for ever): and the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him."
(The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 4)

So anyone who can be duped into breaking the law of the Qur'an to wage war for Islam must be ignorant. The wrath of God, would be for the person who duped him into such sacrilege, in my opinion.

Al Qada is full of persons who cynically use the faith of ignorant people to perpetrate crime against humanity. If hell is a lake of fire, I hope they take their swimsuits to judgement with them. ( I do not really believe hell is a place at all, but rather a state of being).

Regards,
Scott

almifkhar

get this, the brittish got caught playing both sides of the battle field.

its called divide and conquer. civil war of course what do we expect we have destroyed their government, wiped out their infillstructure, sancationed them, wiped out the middle class, betrayed the shia and had them pumped up to do a cout de tat and then left them high and dry which caused thousands of them to be murdered, and on top of all that, have been bombing this country every day since 1991.

like i said before the u.s and brittish governments want this country to be like that in congo. iraq will never agian be the country it was before and we have ourselves to blame for this. iraqis will forever live in poverty and strife and we only have ourselves to blame for it. the white house knew all along this is would be a perpetual war. constituation in iraq what a joke! the constituation in the united states means nothing anymore, so why would anyone have any kind of faith in a democratic iraq? besides bush said it was a good idea so that in itself should be a red flag to anyone who knows how to think.

almifkhar

i almost forgot

i incourage anyone to go back into news files about iraq. go all the way back to 1990 when bush sr. (or in the words of net doc. shrub sr.) if you pay attention to what you are reading you will notice that there has been a plan for a long time now, and that this plan would in no way shape or form benifit the iraqi people. what do you supporters of this war think the santions were all about? punishment for hussein? not!

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
So I guess the 20 some dead, killed by other muslims are just what... innocent victims... or, let me guess... it's the fault of the jews huh? white people? Christians?

almifkhar

darkdale, my point was how are we to know who killed who. could be muslims but then again it could be americans. who has more to gain by doing such things? where did they get the bombs to pull it off? or let me guess, georgie boy said it is true so it must be true. he's so honest and all.

it still goes back to the betrayal that bush sr. did to the shia which caused thousands of them to die in the first place. hussein started the systemic killings of shias soon after bush sr. pulled out the ground troops. do you really think these people forgot that?

civil war is going on because of us. civil war and power grabs are going on because of us. it is time for us to take some kind of responisibility in this. we are not the good guys here. we caused the ruin and wide spread deaths of thousands if not a million iraqis. what do you think we are there for? peace, democracy, love, harmony? please we are there to conquer oil reserves at the expense of the people. this is the fault of greedy people who love money dripping with blood.
when bush jr. got the oval office the first time around there was one thing i knew would become a reality soon. and that was war in the middle east. hes a pig just like his father. i wasn't down with it the first time around and i am still not down with it. we have no right to invade and destroy a country who did nothing to us.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
almifkhar said:
darkdale, my point was how are we to know who killed who. could be muslims but then again it could be americans. who has more to gain by doing such things? where did they get the bombs to pull it off? or let me guess, georgie boy said it is true so it must be true. he's so honest and all.

You are in denial. President Bush didn't write this story. The National and International Medias did. You are in denial.

almifkhar

i know darkdale he and his press are so honest. note the sarcasim thats why we cannot even have reporters on the scene in iraq like they were in vietnam. god forbid we the people get a glimse of the ugly truth of this war

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
almifkhar said:
i know darkdale he and his press are so honest. note the sarcasim thats why we cannot even have reporters on the scene in iraq like they were in vietnam. god forbid we the people get a glimse of the ugly truth of this war

You are naive. He doesnt have "a press". well... maybe Foxnews... but that's it. This is International news. You can pretend like your friends aren't murdering men, women and children all you want and you can pretend that Bush is just making it all up... but that is absurd.

(that was a lot of me putting words in your mouth... I may apologize later if I feel it was uncalled for).

almifkhar

i'm naive?? and just for the record people who kill for no apparent reason are not my friends. look i am not saying 100% that muslims are not attacking each other. i am questioning the whole thing. when these news organizations get the spin on this war, it is told to them by the pentagon. so with that said, yes bush does dictate what will and will not be said on this war. do you really think they are going to tell us, how they the u.s. provieded the arms and bombs and told a arab a bunch of crap which inturn led this fool to kill 20 people? of course not. they want us to think that things are not stable over there because this is what gives the u.s. justification to be there. divide and conquer my friend is the name of the game.
think of it like this, when they offically declare civil war over there who benifits?
when the people are too busy fighting and killing each other, the real tyrants are able to steel the natural wealth of the country and no one is the wiser cause they are killing each other and that is what the news agencies will focus on. the u.s. in effect is killing two birds with one stone. arabs killing arabs and free oil. thats what they wanted in the first place.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
almifkhar said:
i'm naive?? and just for the record people who kill for no apparent reason are not my friends. look i am not saying 100% that muslims are not attacking each other. i am questioning the whole thing. when these news organizations get the spin on this war, it is told to them by the pentagon. so with that said, yes bush does dictate what will and will not be said on this war. do you really think they are going to tell us, how they the u.s. provieded the arms and bombs and told a arab a bunch of crap which inturn led this fool to kill 20 people? of course not. they want us to think that things are not stable over there because this is what gives the u.s. justification to be there. divide and conquer my friend is the name of the game.
think of it like this, when they offically declare civil war over there who benifits?
when the people are too busy fighting and killing each other, the real tyrants are able to steel the natural wealth of the country and no one is the wiser cause they are killing each other and that is what the news agencies will focus on. the u.s. in effect is killing two birds with one stone. arabs killing arabs and free oil. thats what they wanted in the first place.

I'm sorry, but this is paranoid hysteria. What facts do you have?

almifkhar

darkdale, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but i you said i was talking wack so i thought i would give you quotes from those who are in power. straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

1."Reporters are puppets. They simply respond to the pull of the most powerful strings."
Lyndon Johnson

2. " The Central Intellegence Agency own everyone of any singinficance in the major media."
William Colby- former cia director

3. "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear- kept us in a continuous stampede of patritic fervor- with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or soem monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
U.S. General Douglas McArthur

4. "The issues ar much too important for the Chilean voters to be left to decide for themselves."
Henry Kissinger

5. "We are on the verge of golbal transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."
David Rockefeller- statement to the u.n. business concil, 1994

6. "What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."
Adolf Hitler

7. "The C.I.A. has overthrown finctioning democracies in over 20 countries."
John Stockwell, former cia offical

8. "The job of the president is to set the agenda and the job of the press is to follow the agenda that the leadership sets."
Lawrence Grossman, longtime head of PBS and NBC news

9. "Through the clever and constant application of propaganda, the people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around to consider the most wetched sort of life as paradise."
Adlof Hitler

these quotes are right from the horses mouths. what more proof do you need?