• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suggestion; Language Sub-Forum

A Language sub-forum?

• Jupjup, great idea ^^

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Meh, don't think this should be added :<

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Ducks

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Nyiix

Hej peeps ^^

As I language freak myself I was wondering if any of you out there (hopefully a lot) would also love to see a language sub-forum. A place where different languages (ranging from ancient to the contemporary ones) could be discussed, analyzed and even studied! This sub-forum could even be divided up into smaller compartments, offering more specific areas to ask questions in (e.g. Ancient/extinct languages and Slavic languages). This could lead to people connecting/sharing knowledge and studying languages together; something I personally love doing.

I know that there are a lot of great language sites out there, a example being mylanguageexchange.com, but these sites usually either ask for a fee in order to be connected to active people or force its peeps to communicate via social media (not saying that this is a bad thing, only that some people don't want their anonymity to disappear). A language sub-forum like this on RF would provide an easy and accessible solution to those who want this and a great start for the hardcore language lovers who would love to share their stories/knowledge and broaden their international linguistic vocabularies ^^.

Would love to hear you peeps' opinion on this ^_^

:tophat:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The best place to start would be to create some threads, & see what interest you generate.
If you get a lot, then it's an easy sell to the muckety mucks.

Nyiix

The best place to start would be to create some threads, & see what interest you generate.
If you get a lot, then it's an easy sell to the muckety mucks.

My reason for starting this thread was to see if there was general appreciation for the idea, prior to actually writing a thread about a language itself ^^

Thank you for the advice, if peeps like the general idea I will follow it up with a thread ^_^
I must add that it is difficult to post a language thread as there is not really a place it belongs to. A cry for help studying a specific language isn't really a general debate or something else O.O

Jumi

Good idea. I would love to learn even a few words from any language of our friends here.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...there is a great connection between language\culture and religion. I don't see why there shouldn't be one.