• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sufism is the true islam

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Sufi islam is the true islam. Sufi islam is beautiful. It gives light to this world. Sufism is a gift from God. It is peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness.

What do think about this?

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think dark magic of Iblis opens up through it, particularly, the astrology and numerology they rely upon open gateways to the Devils. That and they choose their own leaders with no proof from God over relying on God's rope (Quran and Prophet, Fatima, and Twelve Imams) which leads astray.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Sufism is the true islam. Sufi islam is beautiful. It gives light to this world. Sufism is a gift from God. It is peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness.

What do think about this?

The worship of the Ás is the true Neo-Paganism.

It is:
  • Courage.
  • Truth.
  • Honor.
  • Fidelity.
  • Discipline.
  • Hospitality.
  • Industriousness.
  • Self Reliance.
  • Perseverance
What do you think of this?

Starlight

I think dark magic of Iblis opens up through it, particularly, the astrology and numerology they rely upon open gateways to the Devils. That and they choose their own leaders with no proof from God over relying on God's rope (Quran and Prophet, Fatima, and Twelve Imams) which leads astray.
I disagree with you strongly. Sufi islam is from God. It has God's truth. Sufi islam is pure light.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think any religion following leaders and relying on humans or others that are not proofs of God and chosen by God, leads astray.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure there's any such thing as the 'true Islam'; especially it shouldn't be based on what we personally like.

Starlight

The worship of the Ás is the true Neo-Paganism.

It is:
  • Courage.
  • Truth.
  • Honor.
  • Fidelity.
  • Discipline.
  • Hospitality.
  • Industriousness.
  • Self Reliance.
  • Perseverance
What do you think of this?
Some of the virtues you wrote about are from God. Some are divine virtues. So it has some of God's truth in it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
True? People of sect A say sect A is the true sect of religion X. Meanwhile, people of sect B claim sect B is the true sect of religion X. In fact, sect C, D, E, and F all make the same claim about theirs being the true one.

So what's the problem?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To prove Sufism is right, you have to prove your leaders or teachings are all correct. If you want to teach your teachings are right per Authority of your leaders, you have to prove your Leaders. And if you want to prove your Leaders, you can't be circularly proving them by teachings (if you did the former).

If you going to prove your leaders by their teachings and not teachings are true because of their authority, before one learns your teachings and learns it all (life time journey), they have to have proof and some kind of sign that it leads correctly and is worth devoting life to learning.

There is none as far I can tell. Quran says "Or do you have clear Authority? Then bring your book/scripture if you are truthful."

Quran appoints Ahlulbayt (a) and no one else.

Starlight

I think any religion following leaders and relying on humans or others that are not proofs of God and chosen by God, leads astray.
What sect of islam do you believe do not leads a person astray?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Most people like divine virtues like peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness.
They do, but many religions have these things; one needn't even have a religion to have them, so calling a religion true because it has these things is not a good argument.

Starlight

They do, but many religions have these things; one needn't even have a religion to have them, so calling a religion true because it has these things is not a good argument.
I believe it is a good argument. And different religions and sects within a spesific religion has different degrees of the divine virtues.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe it is a good argument. And different religions and sects within a spesific religion has different degrees of the divine virtues.
But Greek Paganism and Christianity both have these virtues, yet they can't both be true.

Starlight

Humans have conscience, and most people like virtues like like peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness. So it is a good argument for the existence of God.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sufi islam is the true islam

To me sufi Islam is a spiritual path that starts where "shariat" ends From: "Levels of Meaning in Holy Scripture: The Holy Qur'an" by Dr. Ali Duran:

Ya Ali Madad:

Traditionally in the esoteric traditions, understanding of Quran is regarded from the perspective of the student, and is usually divided into 4 levels of understanding:

Shariat: Shariah is the exoteric level and is related to the level of quranic civil and religious law and literal understanding of the verses of Quran. this is the lever of the Zahir, or visible.

Tariqat: the "Path", is the beginning of the hidden or "batini" understanding of Quran. Sufi orders and Ismaili tariqat begin at this level. The hermeneutic interpretation, or "Tawil" (lit: to return to the first) of the Quran begins at this level. Understanding of the amthal, or metaphors and similies of the Quran on the physical, noetic and spiritual planes is stressed. The law is interpreted from this level and certain rules of the tariqa are established for the perfection of the postulant.

Maarifat: Maarifat is the station of "Irfan", or gnosis. Here the Arif (gnostic) understands the subtleties of the Quran and is inspired from the Malakut or angelic realms. Subtleties and indications of the Beloved are seen in the sensory and internal worlds.

Haqiqat: the fruit of maarifat, the arif becomes annihilated in al-Haqq, the Divine reality, and subsists only through the qudrat, or will of Allah. This is the station alluded to by the martyr Mansur al Hallaj when he was crucified and burned for saying, "ana il Haqq" I am the Truth. This is the Divine realm, the Sinai of Lovers where only the converse between the Lover and Beloved is undestood and the Quran is the point of the Bismillah, the Mole on the Cheek of the Beloved.

If I have erred in this brief discourse, the error is mine. In truth Allah knows best.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Humans have conscience, and most people like virtues like like peace, truth, kindness, justice, love, forgiverness, goodness. So it is a good argument for the existence of God.
I think you will like this @Meandflower :)

Sufism is often defined as ‘the way of love,’ since the Sufis believe in the notion of universal cosmic love. The love for the Absolute, or God, or intimacy with God, is one of the core principles of Sufism. The Sufi notion of love embraces the entire universe and the creation; in fact, according to the sufis, it is the cosmic love which is the cause behind all causes. It is cosmic love which brings out all existence out of nothingness. The universe and the entire creation have been created by God for the purpose of His Self-disclosure. Therefore, the quest of a sufi is to unveil the mysteries of the creation and the Creator, and seek His proximity through love
THE RELIGIOUS 'OTHER' IN THE SUFI WORLDVIEW - Youlin Magazine