• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sufi Tale

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A Sufi master was visited by a perplexed Seeker-after-Truth, who said to him:

'I have only one question to ask. Why is it that, wherever I go, I always seemed to get different pieces of advice from Sufis?'

The master answered:

'Come with me for a walk through this town, and we shall see what we can discover about this mystery.'

They went into the market - place, and the Sufi asked a greengrocer:

'Tell me, what time of prayer is it?'

The greengrocer said:

'The time for the morning prayer.'

They continued their walk. After some time the

Sufi asked a tailor:

'What prayer-time is it?'

The tailor answered:

'It is the time of the midday prayer.'

After spending more time in conversation and companionship with the Seeker, the Sufi approached another man, this time a bookbinder.

He asked him:

'What time of prayer is it?'

The man replied:

'It is now the time of the afternoon prayer.'

The Sufi turned to his companion and said:

'Do you want to continue the experiment, or are you now satisfied that virtually the same question can elicit almost totally different answers, all of them corresponding to the current truth?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Not a traditional tale, but I like it:

Shopkeeper: Come, come. You know what they say: an ounce of Sufism now will have been worth more than a pound of regret later.

Customer: Well, I dunno. It looks a little old. Frayed around the edges, if you must know.

Shopkeeper: It ages like good wine.

Customer: (Shakes the package of Sufism, causing little bits to drop off) You sure this will run on 110 volts AC?

Shopkeeper: Generates its own power too.

Customer: (Doubtful) This isn't the American model. I thought they had an American model.

Shopkeeper: Oh, the American stuff...(digs around behind counter)...here. (Offers package with fluorescent purple and green day-glo stripes, picture of a turbaned, bearded man with wild eyes and lightning bolts coming out of his fingers).

Customer: That's what I had in mind.

Shopkeeper: (Picks up customer and places him with hands around the package) Ah, but it bought you first.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Not a traditional tale, but I like it:

Shopkeeper: Come, come. You know what they say: an ounce of Sufism now will have been worth more than a pound of regret later.

Customer: Well, I dunno. It looks a little old. Frayed around the edges, if you must know.

Shopkeeper: It ages like good wine.

Customer: (Shakes the package of Sufism, causing little bits to drop off) You sure this will run on 110 volts AC?

Shopkeeper: Generates its own power too.

Customer: (Doubtful) This isn't the American model. I thought they had an American model.

Shopkeeper: Oh, the American stuff...(digs around behind counter)...here. (Offers package with fluorescent purple and green day-glo stripes, picture of a turbaned, bearded man with wild eyes and lightning bolts coming out of his fingers).

Customer: That's what I had in mind.

Shopkeeper: (Picks up customer and places him with hands around the package) Ah, but it bought you first.

I like that. Had to read it a couple of times.