• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sufi meetings

SpentaMaynu

One God, All in all
Just want to ask:

1 - Do you have to be Muslim to attend a Sufi meeting?
2 - If not, what can be expected at such a meeting?

humptydumpty

Just want to ask:

1 - Do you have to be Muslim to attend a Sufi meeting?
2 - If not, what can be expected at such a meeting?

1 - No.

2 - If it is a regular dhikr gathering, there may be a speech and/or food. The main event is dhikr, where we get in a circle and recite the Qur'an, names of Allah, and blessings upon the Prophet in unison.

When there is a hadra, you dance and repeat things, such as the divine name "Hayy", and there is music and singing. like this:

SpentaMaynu

One God, All in all
2 - If it is a regular dhikr gathering, there may be a speech and/or food. The main event is dhikr, where we get in a circle and recite the Qur'an, names of Allah, and blessings upon the Prophet in unison.

When there is a hadra, you dance and repeat things, such as the divine name "Hayy", and there is music and singing.

Thanks for replying. Will I be able to understand what's going on? Will I be expected to participate?

humptydumpty

Yes, you will usually be able to understand what's going on. That video is about as hectic as our gatherings get.

You will be welcome even if you don't participate at all, but it's preferable to participate as much as you can.

Riders

It all looks interesting just taking a look around sense my Sufi Zen poetry groups using Suffi poetry. hey the dancing, we have a Suffi dance group, is that related to that celebration?