• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sufficient proof to the Twelve Successors.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am trying to be as brief as possible, because Quran has a lot about proving the Authority of Ahlulbayt to all humans, so I be as brief as possible or I can go on and on and we know people don't have the attention span.

The Authorities

Or do they envy the humans for what God has given them out of his grace? So we gave Abraham's family the book and wisdom, and gave them a great authority.(4:54)
O you who believe Obey God and obey the Messenger and those who possess the Authority from you....(4:59)

4:54 emphasizes the humans that are being envied are similar to the household of Abraham who too were given the book and wisdom and given a great authority. 4:59 flows with that, and so is emphasizing to obey Mohammad and his family and to not envy them with respect to the authority they been given by God.

Form of Twelve in the Past

And certainly God made a covenant with the children of Israel, and We raised up among them twelve captains and God said: Surely I am with you; if you keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and believe in My messengers and assist them....(5:12)

Captains to be brief has to do with the ship theme, which has to do with "by the name of God is it's sailing and anchoring", and by flow, implies, this is the form Ahlulbayts come in, they have a founder, followed by Twelve Successors.

And of Musa's people was a course who guided (people) with the truth, and thereby did they do justice.
And we split them into twelve branches as courses....(7:158-159)

This by flow refers back to the light revealed with Mohammad to be followed, it's saying and it was the case that Moses has twelve successors and is comparing Mohammad's case with his.

The Wage of the message

..say: I do not ask for it a wage but love in the near kin...(42:23)
Say: what do I ask for it from a wage but who wants to, to take a path to their Lord? (25:57)

It can be said the whole Quran is about contextualizing the above. There are many verses, about leaders, and the witnesses that for example show there is a witness or leader in all times among the people.

There are many more verses, for example more wage verses, more verses about authority, etc, or Ahlulbayt in general, but I wanted to be brief.

This is sufficient proof.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It just takes actually not hating and envying them to see them in the Quran and a bit of reflecting.