• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suffering on the behalf of others

EverChanging

The article below mentions the practice of bearing our suffering on behalf of others, suffering for them, and then also dedicating our happiness for them.

Is this a common Buddhist practice? What are some ways to put this into practice?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The article below mentions the practice of bearing our suffering on behalf of others, suffering for them, and then also dedicating our happiness for them.

Is this a common Buddhist practice? What are some ways to put this into practice?
I don't see how it could be very practical aside taking the occasional "hit for the team".

Addum:

It's not a bad article by the way.

Much of what is been said is very useful advice an approaching suffering. The only difference is my view of suffering while agreed, lies largely on mind, I think suffering is incorporated, an integral part of who we are by which suffering is in essence indistinguishable by which we experience joy and happiness. It seems suffering can come about by preferences, rather than taking such experiences as they are and navigating through those experiences without preference.

Last edited: