• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sue a bum

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So I basically live in a complex that Catholic Charities provides the homeless. One of my drunk neighbors attacked another one from behind and chocked him a bit. He was wearing a neck brace because of a broken neck on a bike wreck

The victim says with certainty that he's going to sue the guy that messed with his broken neck and put him in great danger. The guy that he is sueing is unemployed. Would an attorney even take such a case? It sounds like a joke!o_O

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There's a phrase used in the legal profession to describe someone who is so poor, there's no point in suing him for money. It's called "being law suit proof".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So I basically live in a complex that Catholic Charities provides the homeless. One of my drunk neighbors attacked another one from behind and chocked him a bit. He was wearing a neck brace because of a broken neck on a bike wreck

The victim says with certainty that he's going to sue the guy that messed with his broken neck and put him in great danger. The guy that he is sueing is unemployed. Would an attorney even take such a case? It sounds like a joke!o_O
The oft heard cry of "I'll sue!" is typically just bluster.
The best response is "Be sure to spell my name correctly.".

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Rather than the victim suing this worthless guy who attacked him, maybe he should get a restraining order against him ...:D