• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sudden awakening

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to all who were curious enough to click on this thread.

I hope you are all enjoying your experiences here on the forum today.

I have just been reading "Sudden Awakening" by Eli Jaxon-Bear

I would recommend it to anyone who feels there "must be" something more-to-life than they are currently experiencing.

To give you a brief glimpse -

Page 97 -

Your whole life has been a search for the divine. But now that you've found what you're looking for, you want to run away because you are afraid of being annihilated by love.

Page 108 -

The word love, like the word God, has become polluted through misuse. Love is not an idea left over from your past conditioning. It is not about a "somebody" loving "somebody else". Many languages have a range of words for love. Persian has over ten different words.

Page 112 -

Many people have heard wondrous reports of the moment of enlightenment. It's a moment that can't be described with words because enlightened beings receive a knowledge that is beyond all knowledge.

Page 115 -

Those who are enlightened radiate peace, love and silence, so that lucky souls who are ripe catch it from them. This starts with your immediate relationships - not through teachig, preaching, correcting or pointing out errors but rather through the silent emanation of love that is kind, supportive, clean and honest, with no vested interest in the outcome.

The book is only 150 pages so won't take you TOO long to read & digest!

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

:)

Audie

Veteran Member
Greetings to all who were curious enough to click on this thread.

I hope you are all enjoying your experiences here on the forum today.

I have just been reading "Sudden Awakening" by Eli Jaxon-Bear

I would recommend it to anyone who feels there "must be" something more-to-life than they are currently experiencing.

To give you a brief glimpse -

Page 97 -

Your whole life has been a search for the divine. But now that you've found what you're looking for, you want to run away because you are afraid of being annihilated by love.

Page 108 -

The word love, like the word God, has become polluted through misuse. Love is not an idea left over from your past conditioning. It is not about a "somebody" loving "somebody else". Many languages have a range of words for love. Persian has over ten different words.

Page 112 -

Many people have heard wondrous reports of the moment of enlightenment. It's a moment that can't be described with words because enlightened beings receive a knowledge that is beyond all knowledge.

Page 115 -

Those who are enlightened radiate peace, love and silence, so that lucky souls who are ripe catch it from them. This starts with your immediate relationships - not through teachig, preaching, correcting or pointing out errors but rather through the silent emanation of love that is kind, supportive, clean and honest, with no vested interest in the outcome.

The book is only 150 pages so won't take you TOO long to read & digest!

:)
There is something more.
A crocodile skin Birkin, say.
And a new Cartier watch.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Page 97 -

But now that you've found what you're looking for, you want to run away because you are afraid of being annihilated by love.
What more does he say to this point? I'm curious how his thoughts follow my own on this.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What more does he say to this point? I'm curious how his thoughts follow my own on this.

Hi there!

Eli mainly describes his own experiences of awakening after meeting his final teacher Papaji. Can't recall exactly what he wrote at ths point
but the book is full of things that were revelations to me personally.

Not sure if this will help you out -

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Papaji