• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Subliminal?

King Phenomenon

Do you think science tries to explain God and the mysteries of life through subliminal messages in a similar way that religion might try to explain it?

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

What makes you think science tries to explain god?
I have walked away from science and religion and formed my own opinions based on the science and religion that I have read. It doesn't say that that was the scientists intent. I'm just asking people's opinions about it

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Do you think science tries to explain God and the mysteries of life through subliminal messages in a similar way that religion tries to explain it?

No. Science has no interest in any claimed god because no god belief us falsifiable

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Was Darwin a philosopher then? I'm not being sarcastic I'm being serious

I don't even see the relevance of the question

Darwin was not particularly religious even though he believed in a god. He was well qualified in biology and geology.

His work on evolution was based on his observations and has mostly been validated.

King Phenomenon

I don't even see the relevance of the question

Darwin was not particularly religious even though he believed in a god. He was well qualified in biology and geology.

His work on evolution was based on his observations and has mostly been validated.
Yeah you may have missed the part where I was asking about the mysteries of life but I realize that Darwin wasn't subliminal like you have stated

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Yeah you may have missed the part where I was asking about the mysteries of life but I realize that Darwin wasn't subliminal like you have stated

Didn't miss is. You posted after i began to reply. Saw it after I'd posted and couldn't be bothered deleting post.

Daemon Sophic

Do you think science tries to explain God and the mysteries of life through subliminal messages in a similar way that religion might try to explain it?
No.
Science does not try to explain the human concept of God. Rather it works to explain (as openly and plainly as possible) that which is real in the world/universe.

I should also point out that religion and the church’s attempts to explain God (or the divine of any form) are far from subliminal. :rolleyes:

King Phenomenon

No.
Science does not try to explain the human concept of God. Rather it works to explain (as openly and plainly as possible) that which is real in the world/universe.

I should also point out that religion and the church’s attempts to explain God (or the divine of any form) are far from subliminal. :rolleyes:
So the church wants us to believe the Bible verbatim?

Daemon Sophic

So the church wants us to believe the Bible verbatim?
Oh goodness no. That book (as with the Torah and the Quran, and just about any written religious manifesto) have far too many self-contradictions. Usually any church (we’ll discuss the Christian one here as you seem to be focusing on it) is a human construct founded upon a religion, but the instructions/teachings from the humans in the church are just their own personal (and ever changeable) opinions about what important takeaways they think that the followers/masses should be focusing on that week. They are not subliminal or even subtle about it.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I don't think science tries to explain the Gods through subliminal or direct messages. I think they are out to look for finding the answers to today's current questions: of which Gods really aren't a part of, for most. I also don't think religion uses subliminal messaging either, inasmuch as they use metaphor to create meaning.

Milton Platt

Nope. I don't think science ever tries to explain any of the thousands of gods invented over time. Science is a collection of methodologies used to make sense of the world around us.