• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Subjective Evidence

wellwisher

Our "objective" knowledge is based on foundation premises at a point in time. For example, at one time, the earth was assumed to be flat. At that time, this foundation premise structured the mind in terms of how logic needed to be applied to observation, for that logic to be considered objective.

If the earth was flat; hypothetically, and you sailed to the end, you would fall off. This is logically consist with the foundation premise, and therefore would appear objective, since there is no flaw in the rules of reason. However, at a deeper level, the assumed objectivity was actually contingent on a foundation premise, that was subjective; in our time, but was treated as objective; in its own time.

Part of the temporal problem has to do with prestige. You can climb the company ladder of science and philosophy, easier, if you accept its temporal foundation premises. If you disagree and/or depart, thereby changing any foundation premise, your conclusion will vary, using logic, and the system will turn against you. The subjectivity of prestige plays a big role in temporal objectivity. A good modern example is man made global warming. Consider that happens if you dare to depart

The brain process data, not only in 2-D; logic via cause and affect, but also in 3-D. The left brain is more 2-D and the right brain is more 3-D. We can use the left brain to process logic, even if the premises are not valid. The logical structure can still be good, even with bad premises. Foundation premises are very unique, in that like a foundation, these support all the logical weight above. These foundation premise are often take for granted. Most are not even be conscious to most people, since how often do you go in to the cellar. Most live in the upper rooms of the house.

The way the two sides of the brain relate can be seen with an example. Thoughts that are 3-D, are analogous to a ball. It has depth, width and height. We can approximate the 3-D ball with a larger number of 2-D planes, each with a common center, and each at a different angle. See below. This diagram shows how temporal objectivity relates to 3-D objective truth.

Objective truth is spatial or 3-D, while logical opinions are like the planes used to approximate the 3-D ball. Each opinion will express some objective truth, but not the entire truth. The entire truth is approximated by the sum of all the opinions. These discussion forums are a way to simulate 3-D; ideas at different angles on a common center or topic.

For example, Democrats and Republicans both have their own foundation premises and each express truth but neither has the entire truth. As shown below, each plane is plotted is part of the 3-D image of the right brain. This overlap allows us to intuitively feel the 3-D truth of the ball. This induced 3-D feeling is often mistaken as meaning our 2-D plane is the entire3-D ball; conscious merged with unconsciousness.

images

Real 3-D thought; the whole truth, is different. It behaves by it own type of 3-D logic. As an analogy, picture if the ball above was a golf ball. I take a golf club and I drive it down the fairway. The ball will deform in 3-D following natural laws for 3-D deformation.

In terms of the many rational planes, these will become twisted and knocked out of their planes. This mind dynamics would be considered irrational, since the logic of the 2-D plane breaks down. Others will call it a statistical aberration. But at the same time, since the deformed 2-D planes still overlap the intuitive feeling; deformed 3-D, the feeling will changes due to the deformation in 3-D. Our belief systems can rocked at the level of its foundation premises, as a foreboding of change appears.

When Newton looked at the solar system with his telescope, his data smacked the3-D ball with a golf club. Rational planes were knock out of place, since the old foundation premises were in question due to the logic of the plane becoming deformed in 3-D. It took a while to change due to the hierarchy of prestige having a capacitance that continued to reform the old plane. Some members of science accepted the deformation and the need for new foundation premises, so the new age began. But this was not an easy path, since the change threatened the prestige of the status quo, which tried to reform the old plane with bandaids.

Last edited:

sealchan

The idea of no preferred reference is an erroneous foundation premise that is popular in physics. One way to infer this is an illusion, is connected to one of the few laws of physics called the Conservation of Energy. Relative reference violates energy conservation.

As an example, picture one person sitting on a train ,and a second person sitting at the station. Each will see the other in relative motion, with each having the same relative velocity. That much is fine. However, if you do an energy balance, the train will see not only the second man and station in motion, but it will also see the rest of the visible horizon in motion. The motion of all this earthen material on the moving horizon, would require way more energy, than the energy needed to get the train to move. Relative reference is a physics illusion that is being used as a foundation premise. This creates subjective science based on prestige.

The reason for this illusion is connected to how we observe, define and measure the universe. This is done exclusively with energy emissions and the red shift of energy emissions. All the various electromagnetic spectrum telescopes, use energy at various wavelengths. Energy is a function of wavelength and frequency or distance and time.

Relative reference, based on motion, is connected to Special Relativity. Einstein defined this with three variables; distance, time and mass and not just two or distance and time. Observation does not directly measure mass, but infers mass this from energy, distance and time. The result is an illusion called relative reference.

Relative reference is a practical limitation of measurement, not a limitation of reality. For example, in the case of the train example, the scale of this experiment is small enough to directly measure the mass of the train as well as the landscape, allowing us to do an accurate energy balance. We are not limited to visual evidence, like in deep space. A direct measurement of mass is not possible in distant space, since mass cannot be directly measured, except up close.

What is called Dark Matter and Dark Energy are addendum needed to help close the energy balance. This need is based on observational conflicts that have appeared in the original relative reference observations.

The analogy is using the train and station example. If we were on the train and saw the landscape move, due to relative motion, and we calculated the energy expected, we would get a number that is way too high for reality. But since we believe in the foundation premise of relative reference, we would accept the result or face ridicule. Eventually, other observations would appear that contradict this number. We would need to add negative energy, such as negative dark energy and negative dark matter, to subtract energy, until we get down to only the train's energy. This way the relative reference foundation premise is maintained, even though the maintaining of the false premise will lead to other types of subjective problems in science.

There is a better foundation premise that sets up a rational foundation for objective data. Einstein also said that the speed of light is the same in all references. The speed of light is the one universal reference that is not relative, but is always absolute. The trick is to make the speed of light the ground state. All references can generate this exact same speed of light reference. If we all call it zero on a universal scale; ground state, reference becomes absolute.

I didn't follow all of this...to be honest.

I understand that the speed of light is a constant...that is what grounds the subjective view of velocity into an objective view of space-time as the subjectives can be correlated.

But space-time is, nonetheless, experienced both subjectively and objectively.

sealchan

I think the ‘Historical Development’ includes all other classes. BTW, as per eastern philosophies, history is not limited to the current birth-death instance.

I had the sense that this categorization might not be elegant but I laid out what was in my head at the time.

How would reincarnation change anything with respect to the OP?

atanu

Premium Member
I had the sense that this categorization might not be elegant but I laid out what was in my head at the time.

How would reincarnation change anything with respect to the OP?

Sorry. I saw it late. The OP will remain unaffected, of course. The point about history would become more significant and may be unknowable.