• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupidity: The Ultimate Sin

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
This is probably the biggest why I agree with Satanism. There are plenty of other things that aren’t half as bad as foolishness, I mean, why does lying play on your conscience and not idiocy? It makes no sense…

But here's my question: If this is the biggest sin, why are Satanists always accusing each other of it? I’ve looked on other forums, and there are these constant “I’m more Satanic than You” arguments that make me go red in the face. Why must we always argue? Anyway, does anyone else have other thoughts?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Cr0wley said:
This is probably the biggest why I agree with Satanism. There are plenty of other things that aren’t half as bad as foolishness, I mean, why does lying play on your conscience and not idiocy? It makes no sense…

But here's my question: If this is the biggest sin, why are Satanists always accusing each other of it? I’ve looked on other forums, and there are these constant “I’m more Satanic than You” arguments that make me go red in the face. Why must we always argue? Anyway, does anyone else have other thoughts?
hi CrOwley,

I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but you've lost me.
Could you please rephrase your question; I really cannot make out what you are condemning, is it Idiocy?:)

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
Well, Satanist comdemn stupidity, yes. But why is it that Satanist are usually calling other Satanists "stupid"?

A

angellous_evangellous

Perhaps they simply feel that they are calling a spade a spade?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Cr0wley said:
Well, Satanist comdemn stupidity, yes. But why is it that Satanist are usually calling other Satanists "stupid"?
Perhaps for the same reason that some christians call other Christian's behaviour 'unChristian':confused:

Fat Old Sun

Cr0wley said:
They are trying to top each other. You will find in any religion, people using their participation in it for social status. Some people seem to have nothing better to live for. Try to find a christian church that doesn't have at least two bitter old ladies always trying to out do each other. There are examples of it in any gathering, given enough time. It could be work, church, the internet, etc. Regardless of our beliefs, we all share a common frailty; Human Nature.

eternalsaint

Fat Old Sun said:
I get to go to Hell and you don't. You suck! :jam::biglaugh:
you should read a divine revelation of hell, its about a woman who was allowed to visit hell and record all that she saw. you might enjoy it.

Pah

Uber all member
-Mod Post-

Several posts were deleted for being Off Topic. "My mother can lick your mother" type banter is not "on topic"

t3gah

Cr0wley said:
the word satan which satanist originator picked to freak out religious people is indeed proof that stupidity exists because satan and devil aren't names, they are descriptions as the original scrolls of the scriptures atest to the fact that even good people were referred to as both satans and devils at times.

the apostle peter is one example.

another example is when an angel (good one) was referred to as a satan by the bad guys.

Fluffy

A fool
Stupidity is not the fault of the stupid person. Often many things are misintepreted as stupidity as well. An example of this might be if I skipped over a number of posts and came to a false conclusion and subsequently my answer would be labelled stupid. Yet this is not stupidity, it is laziness. Personally I have difficulting with finding instances where stupidity is the fault of the person being stupid. Since a moral wrong needs freedom and acknowledgement of the sin prior to taking such an action, stupidity doesn't really fit.

However, maybe this misinterpretation of stupidity, together with the fact that a lot of people are drawn to satanism because they dislike stupidity, is a large part of the reason that accusations are so rife amongst the satanist community. Or maybe the forums you visited were not very well moderated ;).