• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid Questions

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
...my husband just asked me why there was jelly on the wall
Maybe he indirectly gave you a hint
"clean the wall jelly"

Some people do it this way, instead of being direct, especially in families I see this "hidden" messages happen a lot

Heyo

Veteran Member
I know its said there are no stupid questions, but...

...my husband just asked me why there was jelly on the wall.

Because we have three sons. Of course! What a silly question.

Anyone ask you anything particularly dumb lately?
"Do you really eat that?"
"Do you really sleep in the tents?"
"Are they naked in the bath tub?"
"Are the swords real?"

There's a long list a few songs about visitors asking dumb questions at a living history event.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
When I worked retail "Do you work here?"
I worked in a mini Mart for awhile. One time this woman walked up to the counter with a soda that had "Caffeine Free" written on the can.

She asked me, "Does this mean there's no caffeine in this"?

I said, "No, it has caffeine, we just don't charge you any extra for it".

She said, "Oh" and walked out.
(Long time ago. I may not have all the facts completely straight. But I do remember the good parts).

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
C'mon. Americans now not only celebrate our own Independence Day but Mexico's Independence Day. :p
If you're talking about Cinco de Mayo, that's actually the celebration of Mexico's victory over France at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. ;)

That said, Americans celebrate other nation's holidays just for an excuse to drink and party. I'm surprised we haven't appropriated Guy Fawkes day, yet. We love bonfires.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Just about every American I've met in person has asked me why don't Australians celebrate thanksgiving.
Well? Why don't you?
( :D )

*Edit: is it because you don't have turkeys over there and roast platypus doesn't go well with cranberry sauce?

Viker

Häxan
If you're talking about Cinco de Mayo, that's actually the celebration of Mexico's victory over France at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. ;)

That said, Americans celebrate other nation's holidays just for an excuse to drink and party. I'm surprised we haven't appropriated Guy Fawkes day, yet. We love bonfires.
That's why Americans celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Makes sense, now. :p

I've always celebrated Guy Fawkes day. Like multiple days out of the year.

And any excuse to get juiced will do for an American.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
"What time is it?"

Stupid me looks at the clock and tells them.

Heyo

Veteran Member
"What time is it?"

Stupid me looks at the clock and tells them.
"What time is it?"
Me, looks at the sun, and tells the time (after a glancing view at the clock tower).
Someone checks their smartphone and is impressed at my accuracy from just using the sun's elevation.