• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studying Nature

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We don't need to have a relationship with nature, we are nature, anything other than this is to live in a duality, that is against nature.

As part of nature, having a relationship with each other is essential. I see that relationship like a marriage: separate but one. Not duality. Just know Im not a plant but to know about plants, we need to be around them type of thing.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
As part of nature, having a relationship with each other is essential. I see that relationship like a marriage: separate but one. Not duality. Just know Im not a plant but to know about plants, we need to be around them type of thing.
Yes I agree, but in truth we are also the plant, that is in our true Being the Source, its hard to see that because we are so conditioned to believe we are just this body covered in skin.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes I agree, but in truth we are also the plant, that is in our true Being the Source, its hard to see that because we are so conditioned to believe we are just this body covered in skin.

I disagree. We are all interconnected and humans arent special. Though we are unique as so is the plant and tiger. Saying they are each other takes out unity among diversity. How would we learn about each others differences when we see ourselves as the other person? For example, why would I ask you your favorite tv show if you are me? Cherish diversity; it doesnt mean duality.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sure, but I think to realise that you really have to immerse yourself in nature and feel fully part of it.

How can you do that in city like areas? I mean, I always wanted to live in the woods by water but realistically I cant make it to the Shanadoas and Blueridge Mountains.

Ideas?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I disagree. We are all interconnected and humans arent special. Though we are unique as so is the plant and tiger. Saying they are each other takes out unity among diversity. How would we learn about each others differences when we see ourselves as the other person? For example, why would I ask you your favorite tv show if you are me? Cherish diversity; it doesnt mean duality.
Yes we do function separately as whatever species we are, and in that we are each unique, but behind all this is our true connection, the Source, or Consciousness, in this we are all One, even a rock. Everything is vibrating at whatever frequency, when this vibration stops, there is pure Consciousness, and others things are continually arising from Consciousness at it particular frequency, just like waves on the ocean.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes we do function separately as whatever species we are, and in that we are each unique, but behind all this is our true connection, the Source, or Consciousness, in this we are all One, even a rock. Everything is vibrating at whatever frequency, when this vibration stops, there is pure Consciousness, and others things are continually arising from Consciousness at it particular frequency, just like waves on the ocean.

What does it mean to "vibrate at different frequencies"?

I know we all have the same spirit. Each person is unique. Though frequency and vibration? The closest metaphysical word I use is spirit and buddhanature. Consciousness, mind, vibration, etc go over my head.

Can you also give an example?

allfoak

Alchemist
The study of plants is a fascinating study.

Matthew Wood MS (Herbal Medicine)
Registered Herbalist (AHG)

The doctrine of signatures is used around the world in pre-modern cultures where thought-by-association is accepted as a valid means of obtaining knowledge of the world. The idea is that a plant that looks like the disease, organ, or person it will heal. For instance, celandine (Chelidonium majus) has yellow/orange sap. Horsetail (Equisetum arvensis) looks like horse hair, so it is good for the hair. It also grows on wet sands, so it is remedy for the kidneys. Thus, the shape, color, and habitat all can be used to determine the uses of a plant.

Signatures, Intuition and Spirituality
The first book published on signatures in English is William Coles' Adam in Eden (1657). The title refers to the commonly held belief in the ancient and Renaissance era, that when Adam was in Eden naming the creatures that he was in fact recognizing their archetypal properties and giving them the appropriate names reflecting their true nature. Furthermore, Adam himself is taken to be the comprehensive archetype who embraces within himself all of these creatures. Thus, the human archetype contains within it the archetype of all the animals and plants. Throughout this the archetype, i.e. Adam, can name all the creatures. This doctrine is quite ancient and was maintained by the Rabbis, who called the androgynous human archetype, before the appearance of Eve (organic life), Adam Kadmon.
http://www.naturasophia.com/Signatures.html

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The study of plants is a fascinating study.

There is this course on coursera.com (free brief college classes) about mexican herbal conjure and its healing and spiritual uses. That would be nice to seriously go into that and help others. Most cultures say you need a teacher. I was wondering if I could learn from scratch on my own without accidently using the wrong plants and getting myself sick.

allfoak

Alchemist
This is how i got my start.
51f9MFhSICL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

allfoak

Alchemist
I harvest and prepare many of the herbs that i use myself.
Just used some yarrow and burdock seed to stop the bleeding and heal a bad cut my girlfriend got on her finger from a new kitchen knife.
You have to use the plants to get to know them.

fotosketcher-yarrow1.jpg

Last edited:

Cassandra

There is this course on coursera.com (free brief college classes) about mexican herbal conjure and its healing and spiritual uses. That would be nice to seriously go into that and help others. Most cultures say you need a teacher. I was wondering if I could learn from scratch on my own without accidently using the wrong plants and getting myself sick.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
....To those who involve yourself with nature as part of your faith, how do you learn and get to know your physical environment? Not the people but the land itself?....
As you allowed Muslim to say something:
Sure. I dont want to be disrespectful.

Id like to hear your advice. If you still willing to share?
Peace be on you.
Though Muslims do not worship Nature in any manner, but nature is mentioned in many ways and also to take care of Natural environment is part of faith:
Quran
[2:36]And We said: ‘O Adam, dwell thou and thy wife in the garden, and eat therefrom plentifully wherever you will, but approach not this tree, lest you be of the wrongdoers.’

[14:25] Dost thou not see how Allah sets forth the similitude of a good word? It is like a good tree, whose root is firm and whose branches reach into heaven.
[14:27] And the case of an evil word is like that of an evil tree, which is uprooted from above the earth and has no stability.

[23:21] And a tree which springs forth from Mount Sinai; it produces oil and a sauce for those who eat.

[24:36] Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a lustrous niche, wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a glittering star. It is lit from a blessed tree — an olive — neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would well-nigh glow forth even though fire touched it not. Light upon light! Allah guides to His light whomsoever He will. And Allah sets forth parables to men, and Allah knows all things full well.

[28:31] And when he came to it, he was called by a voice from the right side of the Valley, in the blessed spot, out of the tree: ‘O Moses, verily I am, I am Allah, the Lord of the worlds.’

[31:28]And if all the trees that are in the earth were pens, and the ocean were ink, with seven oceans swelling it thereafter, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Surely, Allah is Mighty, Wise.

[48:19]Surely, Allah was well pleased with the believers when they were swearing allegiance to thee under the Tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, and He sent down tranquillity on them, and He rewarded them with a victory near at hand;

===

With regards to cleanliness of the streets, it is related that when the Holy Prophet saw would be walking and saw something dirty on the way, he would move it aside himself and said that the person who maintains the cleanliness of the road earns the pleasure of Allah and reward.
[Muslim, Kitabul Bir Wasila]
Page 25 @ https://www.alislam.org/maryam/Maryam-Apr-Jun-2012-EN.pdf

===
Whoever plants a tree and diligently look after it until it matures and bears fruit is rewarded.
[Musnad e Ahmad]

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
As you allowed Muslim to say something:

Peace be on you.
Though Muslims do not worship Nature in any manner, but nature is mentioned in many ways and also to take care of Natural environment is part of faith:
Quran
[2:36]And We said: ‘O Adam, dwell thou and thy wife in the garden, and eat therefrom plentifully wherever you will, but approach not this tree, lest you be of the wrongdoers.’

[14:25] Dost thou not see how Allah sets forth the similitude of a good word? It is like a good tree, whose root is firm and whose branches reach into heaven.
[14:27] And the case of an evil word is like that of an evil tree, which is uprooted from above the earth and has no stability.

[23:21] And a tree which springs forth from Mount Sinai; it produces oil and a sauce for those who eat.

[24:36] Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a lustrous niche, wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a glittering star. It is lit from a blessed tree — an olive — neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would well-nigh glow forth even though fire touched it not. Light upon light! Allah guides to His light whomsoever He will. And Allah sets forth parables to men, and Allah knows all things full well.

[28:31] And when he came to it, he was called by a voice from the right side of the Valley, in the blessed spot, out of the tree: ‘O Moses, verily I am, I am Allah, the Lord of the worlds.’

[31:28]And if all the trees that are in the earth were pens, and the ocean were ink, with seven oceans swelling it thereafter, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Surely, Allah is Mighty, Wise.

[48:19]Surely, Allah was well pleased with the believers when they were swearing allegiance to thee under the Tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, and He sent down tranquillity on them, and He rewarded them with a victory near at hand;

===

With regards to cleanliness of the streets, it is related that when the Holy Prophet saw would be walking and saw something dirty on the way, he would move it aside himself and said that the person who maintains the cleanliness of the road earns the pleasure of Allah and reward.
[Muslim, Kitabul Bir Wasila]
Page 25 @ https://www.alislam.org/maryam/Maryam-Apr-Jun-2012-EN.pdf

===
Whoever plants a tree and diligently look after it until it matures and bears fruit is rewarded.
[Musnad e Ahmad]
Whoever plants a tree and diligently looks after it until it matures and bears fruit is rewarded,

BETTER question. Is the tree symbolic in the Quran or literal?