• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student Walk Out In Virginia

PureX

Veteran Member
Beau nails it, again. Watch this short video and tell me if/how you think he's wrong.

Also, I'm posting it because he is so hopeful and positive about these students. And I very much want to believe him, and believe in them.

PureX

Veteran Member
What's being discussed?
Students in Virginia have walked out of their schools in protest/support of their LGBTQ classmates because the republican governor and his administration/party are targeting them for political pandering purposes in the run-up to the mid-terms.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Students in Virginia have walked out of their schools in protest/support of their LGBTQ classmates because the republican governor and his administration/party are targeting them for political pandering purposes in the run-up to the mid-terms.

I am so glad that people are standing up to bigots and bullies. It's about time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh. An excuse for taking days off from school.

Their loss.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
How is the anti-LGBT agenda relevant to this school enough to where they'd walk out in protest? Was the school staff picking on the LGBT crowd or what caused this?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Right-wing politics = intolerance for diversity.

The governor is Younkin, who made a point of being anti CRT in education, but he won a close election. He is exploiting right wing rhetoric for what he can get from it. If the public wants more bigotry and intolerance, keep voting for republicans.

It's great to see young people standing up for diversity and freedom. They will be ready to vote soon.

Clizby Wampuscat

Beau nails it, again. Watch this short video and tell me if/how you think he's wrong.

Also, I'm posting it because he is so hopeful and positive about these students. And I very much want to believe him, and believe in them.

what is the governor doing? Nowhere in the video or this thread has explained what they are protesting.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Anyone who values liberty has a horse in the race.
Agreed, generally speaking, just as long as it doesn't create special classes of people possessing/granting distinct advantages over others and creating new disadvantages.