• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student asking for Help

Kristian

Hey there. I’m a Political Science student currently writing an exam paper on the opinions of people who write on public forums. However, as this is a fairly new field (It isn’t, really, but Political Science is usually ten years behind the rest of the world, so it’s new for us), I don’t have a lot of data available to me. Therefore, it would be a great, great help if some of you could spend five to ten minutes filling out a survey for me. It will be a few questions about how you use the forum, then some about yourself (nothing that can be used to identify you, of course) and finally your opinion on nine different political issues. Some of these issues will be about religion, hence why I picked this forum.

Well, actually, I picked some more orthodox religious forums first, but they were quite hostile towards my request. I’m not entirely sure why. If any of you would happen to have a suggestion as to why this is, please let me know. I’m sure you know a whole lot more about religion than I do.

Anyway, here’s the link to the survey: *edit*

Thanks in advance and, whether you choose to fill it out or not, have a nice day. If you have any questions then please let me know and I’ll do my best to reply as soon as possible.

- Kristian Hansen

Last edited by a moderator:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
People do not like links from people with one post. I can not follow your link on my phone but ill take your survey when I hit the desktop

Iti oj

Premium Member
i took the survey, i think its was worth taking and quick. but watch out disagree is before agree on this survey . lol almost filled the whole first page out wrong

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
SurveyMonkey is a bit cleaner; the format of certain things was difficult to follow because of how it was laid out on the page. Oh well.

Kristian

Ah. I guess it must have broken a rule, my apologies for that. I did read the rules before posting it, but I guess I must have missed/misinterpreted one of them.

In either case, thanks a lot to those who replied. You're all made of awesome. Also meat and some bones, but mostly awesome.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
No rule was broken that I am aware of, I believe that you were simply being advised that many members will feel uncomfortable following a link provided by an individual they have never heard of (because it was your first post) - as a result they may not 'like [going to that] link', that does not mean that it is not allowed but rather that some members who see this thread and who might otherwise be willing to participate in a similar survey might refrain as a result of not knowing whether or not they can trust the link is legitimate rather than some phishing attempt for example.

Iti oj

Premium Member
No rule was broken that I am aware of, I believe that you were simply being advised that many members will feel uncomfortable following a link provided by an individual they have never heard of (because it was your first post) - as a result they may not 'like [going to that] link', that does not mean that it is not allowed but rather that some members who see this thread and who might otherwise be willing to participate in a similar survey might refrain as a result of not knowing whether or not they can trust the link is legitimate rather than some phishing attempt for example.

Naw it looks like it got edited out.

Kristian

Well, as flattering as this interest is, I'm not going to break any rules to get my answers. Besides, the survey is a bit more advanced than it appears to be (the "What time is it?" question forwarded to slightly different versions of the survey so I could find out whether the difference had an influence on people's answer), so making a new version for a different website could take a while. With deadline fast approaching, I don't think it's really an option, so I'll probably just take the data I have now and see what I can get from it. I'll definitely pick a more well-known survey site next time I need to do one, though, so hopefully that'll alleviate some of the trust issues.

I'm from Denmark, and the website is too. For my last couple of papers, I only needed Danish respondents, so the ".dk" domain didn't pose a problem and I didn't consider that it would now either. It seems obvious now that it's pointed out to me (heck, I would be hesitant to click a foreign link from a person with one post too) but, to be honest, I just didn't consider this problem at the time I made it. It's a lesson learned, I suppose. \=)

In either case, once again, thanks a lot to those who responded.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Well, as flattering as this interest is, I'm not going to break any rules to get my answers. Besides, the survey is a bit more advanced than it appears to be (the "What time is it?" question forwarded to slightly different versions of the survey so I could find out whether the difference had an influence on people's answer), so making a new version for a different website could take a while. With deadline fast approaching, I don't think it's really an option, so I'll probably just take the data I have now and see what I can get from it. I'll definitely pick a more well-known survey site next time I need to do one, though, so hopefully that'll alleviate some of the trust issues.

I'm from Denmark, and the website is too. For my last couple of papers, I only needed Danish respondents, so the ".dk" domain didn't pose a problem and I didn't consider that it would now either. It seems obvious now that it's pointed out to me (heck, I would be hesitant to click a foreign link from a person with one post too) but, to be honest, I just didn't consider this problem at the time I made it. It's a lesson learned, I suppose. \=)

In either case, once again, thanks a lot to those who responded.
you should stay on rf and learn first hand what it means to post on a forum =D plus i wana hear about your results and findings =D