• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuck in my head...

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I did a stupid thing.

I got nostalgic about my time as an evangelical and was looking at old websites like Brio magazine through focus on the family, reminiscing about my time as a teen.

All the bad memories came back too. Now I'm sitting here sad and grumpy.

Whyyyyy do I do this to myself?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I did a stupid thing.

I got nostalgic about my time as an evangelical and was looking at old websites like Brio magazine through focus on the family, reminiscing about my time as a teen.

All the bad memories came back too. Now I'm sitting here sad and grumpy.

You haven't done it enough times yet to suffer enough consequences to actually make a conscious and strong-willed decision to not repeat the same mistake.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As long as you don't beat yourself up for beating yourself up for revisiting those painful memories, you'll be fine.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Subconscious knows this is still in your system and brings it to the surface. Just witness the thoughts, and do not judge them, and gradually they will get less, until all is completely transformed. Can take months or years to get certain stuff out of your system.

So, it's a blessing