• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strong opposition towards any particular belief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I am curious about what philosophical/spiritual beliefs people have a deep opposition against, if any. Like a very strong feeling that not only is the belief wrong, but it’s existence is evil. This sounds extreme, but I’m doing that for emphasis on what I mean by strong opposition.
I’ll start. I identify as a Syncretist. I believe most religions teach about the same God, and teach the same morals. I believe they all teach that God can be described as simply positive energy; or the source of it at least. However, I say most religions because I disagree with Paganism. It’s more than that I disagree with paganism, rather, I see Pagans as my main spiritual adversaries in the world. I believe, knowingly or not, that Pagans are Satanists and help bring about the annihilation of mankind. I believe Pagans invoke negative energy. I can lay this charge on many religious folk, bringing about much negativity through their judgment and hatred, this drives people from God. But with Pagans I see them as my direct adversary.
However, I believe every person has a soul and God is 100% the soul. Therefore the Pagan still has the capacity to realize God, thanks to His compassion.
I do not believe that they go to Hell, I believe that Hell is reserved for the people who literally sell their soul to Satan and are fully consciously partaking in bringing about the end of humanity (Illuminati type folk). I believe that people who do not find salvation through any of the religions are simply reincarnated. Can life on this Earth not be described as Hell, at times. Those who experience the pain of the death of a loved one, those who go through war, many number of circumstances; is this not Hell?
Just I’ve had a bad experiences with witches ok? And heard frightening stories from my friend. I suppose that’s gone a long way with this deep rooted feeling..

What about you guys? Any beliefs that you have feelings for that go beyond disagreement?
I hope I wasn’t disrespectful to the Pagans on this forum site, that was not my intention.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am curious about what philosophical/spiritual beliefs people have a deep opposition against, if any. Like a very strong feeling that not only is the belief wrong, but it’s existence is evil. This sounds extreme, but I’m doing that for emphasis on what I mean by strong opposition.
I’ll start. I identify as a Syncretist. I believe most religions teach about the same God, and teach the same morals. I believe they all teach that God can be described as simply positive energy; or the source of it at least. However, I say most religions because I disagree with Paganism. It’s more than that I disagree with paganism, rather, I see Pagans as my main spiritual adversaries in the world. I believe, knowingly or not, that Pagans are Satanists and help bring about the annihilation of mankind. I believe Pagans invoke negative energy. I can lay this charge on many religious folk, bringing about much negativity through their judgment and hatred, this drives people from God. But with Pagans I see them as my direct adversary.
However, I believe every person has a soul and God is 100% the soul. Therefore the Pagan still has the capacity to realize God, thanks to His compassion.
I do not believe that they go to Hell, I believe that Hell is reserved for the people who literally sell their soul to Satan and are fully consciously partaking in bringing about the end of humanity (Illuminati type folk). I believe that people who do not find salvation through any of the religions are simply reincarnated. Can life on this Earth not be described as Hell, at times. Those who experience the pain of the death of a loved one, those who go through war, many number of circumstances; is this not Hell?
Just I’ve had a bad experiences with witches ok? And heard frightening stories from my friend. I suppose that’s gone a long way with this deep rooted feeling..

What about you guys? Any beliefs that you have feelings for that go beyond disagreement?
I hope I wasn’t disrespectful to the Pagans on this forum site, that was not my intention.
Personally I have nothing against any faith, religion or spiritual teaching.
I leave people to have their faith the way they feel is right for them

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Any form of belief in demonic possession or similar, it leads to children being hacked to death by Christians in Africa. Sick, sick, sick.

Witchcraft accusations against children in Africa
Witchcraft accusations against children in Africa - Wikipedia

Those “Christians” I would consider most evil, definitely more than the average pagan.
How this belief affects my actions is that I refuse to associate with any self proclaimed witches in my day to day life, and if I come across one, I burn sage when I get home (^:

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Why do you believe this about Pagans?
I suppose my belief of this began due to the very negative picture that the Bible paints of Paganism. Before a couple encounters with witches, I was more open to the idea. Not in believing it, but I had good friends who identified as witches and I didn’t think to cut them off or anything.

I read a book called Outwitting the Devil, by Napoleon Hill. The author interviews the Devil. It’s up to the reader to decide whether they believe it’s an authentic interview or not, but I believe it is. That book has influenced me as well, as the Devil describes his complete control over most people. Pagans aren’t specifically singled out, but I do believe they have a role in amplifying this process.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose my belief of this began due to the very negative picture that the Bible paints of Paganism. Before a couple encounters with witches, I was more open to the idea. Not in believing it, but I had good friends who identified as witches and I didn’t think to cut them off or anything.

I read a book called Outwitting the Devil, by Napoleon Hill. The author interviews the Devil. It’s up to the reader to decide whether they believe it’s an authentic interview or not, but I believe it is. That book has influenced me as well, as the Devil describes his complete control over most people. Pagans aren’t specifically singled out, but I do believe they have a role in amplifying this process.
It seems you associate Paganism with witches, for some reason. I would agree with you that European Paganisms seem to produce this, but my Kemetic path doesn't tend to. Nor do I believe in magic or any of that other stuff. I am also a monotheist. I think your definition of Paganism is too broad and painting folks with too sweeping a brush.

Justanatheist

It’s up to the reader to decide whether they believe it’s an authentic interview or not, but I believe it is. That book has influenced me as well, as the Devil describes his complete control over most people.

So do you believe that any of those children could be witches, if not, why not?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I would not say I strongly oppose but I strongly dislike the idea that there are religions that attempt to replace or 'complete' Judaism. In this vein would be all Abrahamic faiths except Judaism. I see them as false revelations and deviations from Judaism. Imv if you want to follow the Jewish God, become a Noachide or convert to Judaism.

Erebus

The prosperity gospel springs to mind.

It presents wealth as a sign of God's favour, thereby establishing a strong link between being wealthy and being a good person. I believe the idea that a person's wealth is a good measure of their value and character is inherently flawed. I think the methods by which they acquired their wealth and what they choose to do with it are a much better indicator of what they're like as a person.

More importantly though, the prosperity gospel is used as a method to fleece people. A televangelist might tell their audience that the more money they give to his/her church, the greater their rewards from God will be. That's sleazy enough as it is but a lot of televangelists take it a step further. They might tell their audience that illness, addiction, debt and poverty can be overcome by sending the televangelist money.

When you take advantage of desperate, vulnerable people for your own gain, that's when I would say you've gone beyond just being sleazy. At that point, you've crossed over into outright evil in my opinion.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Okratarians.

Anyone who calls okra food or prepares meals with it as an ingredient is, IMO, just plain evil.

Brussels sproutists are right up there with them on my list for much the same reason.

I'm cool with Pagans though. Used to identify as one myself.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Before you condemn a belief, you should learn something about it. By what you posted here, you appear to be quite ignorant of what Paganism actually is.

Nimos

I do believe that all religions are a mixture of manipulating and or controlling people through false hope and appeal to a higher authority. That it in many cases encourage ignorance and faith as explanations rather than rational thinking.

I would however disagree and say that I find paganism much more humane than most non pagan religions. For instance, in Norse mythology, I don't think the gods at any point kill or punish humans as we see it in Christianity, also they do not demand worship in the same way as God does, but rather it is a relationship between them and humans, you want their help you give something in return, also the gods and humans fight together at Ragnarok against "evil".

So despite them being gods, that lies, deceive and kill/murder giants and do a lot of immoral things, they don't mistreat humans as God does in the same way, but rather they seem to have a sense of respect for us, because they need us to help them, despite them being far superior to us. This probably require a bit more explanation, than what im giving here, to really understand the meaning of, I think.

Also looking at Odin for instance, he is not said to be omniscient, but is in fact constantly seeking knowledge, which I think is an excellent lesson. In fact he seeks it so much that he is willing to sacrifice himself for it.

He sacrificed his eye in Mimir's well and he threw himself on his spear Gungnir in a kind of symbolic, ritual suicide. He then hanged himself in Yggdrasil, the tree of life, for nine days and nine nights in order to gain knowledge of other worlds and be able to understand the runes.

From a symbolic meaning of this or as inspiration, one could understand it as him showing or telling us that knowledge doesn't just come to you, but is something that requires hard work and commitment. Rather than simply being told what to do and just blindly follow it.

To me this is one of the reasons pagan gods seem to have a lot more appeal than God of the bible have, they are not perfect, just like we ain't, they don't claim to be all good or more moral than we are or that they can do anything they want just for doing it. Which makes them a lot easier to learn from, in my opinion. They seem to value the same things as we do. Not only for themselves, but for all.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I am morally opposed to any belief system that says it is OK to kill those who don't share the belief. I am also morally opposed to those belief systems that condemn people because of sexual behavior that harms nobody.

Too many religious systems fall into one or the other of those categories. But then, many political systems do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.