• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strong atheism and it's burden of proof.

ArtieE

Serp777

This is one of the things you missed - Atheism is a response to a god claim, absent a god claim, atheism can not exist.
That is why the claim in question is that there is a God.

A positive claim.

A positive claim atheism rejects.
Right. Just imagine two people talking. One person says "God exists". The other says "No he doesn't". No matter what the other person says it's a response to the claim of the first person. The first person can never say "So prove he doesn't". The burden of proof is always on the person who says "God exists".

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Right. Just imagine two people talking. One person says "God exists". The other says "No he doesn't". No matter what the other person says it's a response to the claim of the first person. The first person can never say "So prove he doesn't". The burden of proof is always on the person who says "God exists".
Yes.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Atheism can not exist in a vacuum of God claims. It only has meaning as a response to such claims. It can not exist independently of them.

Imagine something that does not exist and name it.

Say, "Vlarns"

Now nobody could identify as aVlarn, unless you claim it exists and name it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I see percentiles tossed back and forth...

So, more than 7billion copies of a device that can do no more than introduce this reality into mind and heart....
and all fail into dust?

Not one chance in billions of surviving the last breath?
not one?

And if just one survives....he will meet his Creator.

ArtieE

I see percentiles tossed back and forth...

So, more than 7billion copies of a device that can do no more than introduce this reality into mind and heart....
and all fail into dust?

Not one chance in billions of surviving the last breath?
not one?

And if just one survives....he will meet his Creator.
And end up in hell...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Can you imagine all the denial and head waggin in the atheist section?
(sorry....it was there)

ArtieE

Can you imagine all the denial and head waggin in the atheist section?
(sorry....it was there)
There's an atheist section in the God heaven? Impossible. We're all in hell having a ball.
"Psalm 14:1
To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good."

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I suspect heaven and hell are fairly close.
The devil shows up as the sons of God gathered to present themselves (Job)
A rich man did converse with an angel as he suffered in hell though between them 'a great divide' (Luke)

I think heaven is great for those having that 'grace'.
and the same place is hell for those who don't.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I suspect heaven and hell are fairly close.
The devil shows up as the sons of God gathered to present themselves (Job)
A rich man did converse with an angel as he suffered in hell though between them 'a great divide' (Luke)

I think heaven is great for those having that 'grace'.
and the same place is hell for those who don't.
I ask that you please stop trolling this thread. You contribute nothing to the actual topic, kindly desist.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I ask that you please stop trolling this thread. You contribute nothing to the actual topic, kindly desist.

I would ask in return not to say I am trolling.
This is the debate section.

If you want to counter my belief with one of your own....proceed.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I would ask in return not to say I am trolling.
This is the debate section.

If you want to counter my belief with one of your own....proceed.
You are not debating, you are trolling. You post the same comments regardless of topic. You are not even engaging on the topic. Please troll elsewhere.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You are not debating, you are trolling. You post the same comments regardless of topic. You are not even engaging on the topic. Please troll elsewhere.

My belief spans quite a distance.

Please offer rebuttal instead of shallow retort.