• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strawberry Rhubarb pie query

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Who wants to have a gluttonous one on one public debate with me on whether strawberry rhubarb is the best pie? I will be taking the stance that it is. Subjects we'll tackle:

1. If a space alien ship landed, would or would not the space aliens like strawberry rhubarb pie?

2. Can eating strawberry rhubarb pie be considered a spiritual experience?

3. Will there be strawberry rhubarb pie in heaven?

4. Are the pyramids a result of eating strawberry rhubarb pie?

Looking for a willing debate opponent subject to my approval.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Who wants to have a gluttonous one on one public debate with me on whether strawberry rhubarb is the best pie? I will be taking the stance that it is. Subjects we'll tackle:

1. If a space alien ship landed, would or would not the space aliens like strawberry rhubarb pie?

Boss likes rhubarb, and we have one plant. I can't stand the stuff.

1. No space man in would touch the stuff. They'd mock those who do.
2. Definitely not. Describing it thus would devalue any real spiritual experience.
3. Since there is no heaven, no.
4. No. That was due to coconut cream pie, the elixir of all pies, the transcendent beauty, the glorious taste bud thrill.

exchemist

Veteran Member

It seems a strange combination to me, but I suppose it might work. They might know in Yorkshire, in the Rhubarb Triangle.

I can vouch for the excellence of apple and raspberry crumble, made with English Bramley apples and ideally with a 50:50 mixture of flour and oatmeal in the crumble.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Boss likes rhubarb, and we have one plant. I can't stand the stuff.

1. No space man in would touch the stuff. They'd mock those who do.
2. Definitely not. Describing it thus would devalue any real spiritual experience.
3. Since there is no heaven, no.
4. No. That was due to coconut cream pie, the elixir of all pies, the transcendent beauty, the glorious taste bud thrill.
Coconut cream pie sounds utterly revolting. :confused:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As much as i love strawberries i just cannot cope with rhubarb.

But if you replaced strawberry rhubarb with spiced pumpkin pie i can tick all your boxes and some you haven't thought of

And... it's pumpkin season... whoop, whoop, whoop

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
As much as i love strawberries i just cannot cope with rhubarb.

But if you replaced strawberry rhubarb with spiced pumpkin pie i can tick all your boxes and some you haven't thought of

And... it's pumpkin season... whoop, whoop, whoop
The best thing to do with a pumpkin is insert a needle, fill it with gas, take it out to a safe field, and shoot it.

pearl

Its the first year my daughter, who grows most of her own vegetables, planted rhubarb. She remembered how good it was as a child, my kids would pick the rhubarb dip it in sugar and ear it raw. She has made and frozen pies, jam, and a compote.

Eyes to See

Since my mom always made good Rhubarb pie since I was little I've always enjoyed it.

I do have to say a good old fashioned apple pie is my favorite though. The crust is important to getting it just right. And a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm up for it. Apple and rhubarb is, of course, the correct answer for best pie. You appear to be a heathen.

1. They'd like it. They'd declare it the second best pie they could imagine in the entire universe. And after they've eaten it, all that would be left would be a few strawberries they'd picked out and tossed to the side.

2. Yes. It's spiritual in the same way that watching the birth of the kid you love less is.

3. Hah! I'm an atheist, so I'm more interested in whether there is apple and rhubarb pie in hell.

4. The pyramids are the result of assistance from the aliens in question 1. But since they appear to have been eating rhubarb and strawberry pie (and tossing out the strawberries) I'm going to have to say Yes on this one.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I've also decided it is my mission to alert all you good people...and the less good...and @Sunstone...that there is real diversity in beer.
Behold!

51f0574f98524.image.jpg

I can do this trick with almost any food you name.