• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strangest things you've eaten?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I got a few more now that I've returned from Iceland. Although I assume some of it may not be necessarily exotic for members who live not far from the Arctic Circle.

I tried (minke) whale steak a couple of times. I found it to be very high quality red meat. I tried reindeer for the first time, the second time was a beautiful hot soup that brought back the color to my frozen cheeks, I also tried fermented shark meat which is a local traditional dish, and Orca (or killer whale) in dry form.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Back when we lived in Quito, Ecuador, I tried Cuy (guinea pig).
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]-[/FONT]

Parsimony

Nothing all that adventurous for me so far: frog legs, escargot, fried alligator tail, prepackaged crickets/mealworms and liver.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
I had pheasant for the first time in my life tonight. It's highly overrated IMO.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Eggplants. :areyoucra

Being someone who tries to eat more vegetarian, I had them a few times. Not a fan. Much prefer courgettes.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Mind if I ask how you prepared them?

I tried seasoning and grilling them. But had them in many different restaurants too (Med, Japanese, Italian) and the only time were it was passable was in a tempura batter.

I think I just don't like them much, texture and taste turn my tastebuds off. This is a rare thing for me to say, I like most food.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm eating eggplant as we speak. Love it. South Indian curry style. It's sponginess holds spice flavour well.

Weirdest? Maybe rabbit, as a kid, long long time ago.

shadowcat

Schroedingers Pony
When I was in China last year we used to eat grasshoppers every night. Someone also bought stuff statt was labelled as cat and dog but I don't know if it really was - it tasted terrible. :/

What's so weird about eggplants?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I'd advise looking into Middle Eastern and Mediterranean ways to prepare eggplants. It might open new possibilities for you in regards to this naughty and misunderstood vegetable.

I have eaten it in Mediterranean ways, as stated to my reply to you, still didn't like it.

Yes indeed, such as moutabal, healthy and very tasty.
Might like baba ghanoush, never had it. If it's puréed the texture won't be an issue but the taste still remains. But I love Lebanese food! Meat eater or not, can find something for everyone to enjoy. :drool:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
1211.jpg

Pretty tasty with saltines.

Canned octopus? That sounds super awesome, actually.

The strangest thing I've eaten was probably frog legs. Although, in the Southern US, it's kind of common. I haven't really eaten anything really strange, but I'm always trying new things.