• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strangest things you've eaten?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Pickled rocky mountain oysters.

I do not reccomend them.

I like snails and beef tongue and calf brains and oysters. I do not like crawdads or mussels. I ate a kangaroo burger once, but it really just tasted like a regular burger. I like sushi, so I've had eel, but it's not my favorite (eel that is; sushi is wonderful). I've had crock pot venison heart and it was nasty; tasted like blood. Maybe there's a better way to prepare it? I've also had vension liver and turkey gizzards and elk and moose (elk good, moose not so much-- basically was okay, gamey, until you got to the chunk that tasted like cat pee). My dad is an avid mushroomer, so I've gorged on morels, chantrelles, lobster, coral, honey, etc mushrooms. Fiddlehead ferns are also tasty fried in butter (but then again, what isn't?) My policy is try everything at least once.

I lived in Vanuatu on a mission trip for a summer. The mainstay dish there is called lap-lap. It was a vibrantly colored rice pudding looking dish, only firmer. It tasted like sawdust, but looked beautiful. I never could figure out if it needed salt or sugar. It is ground up taro paste, mixed with coconut milk.

I lived in Japan and gorged myself on many delicious and fantastical dishes to be found there. Octopus is like their chicken; it is cheap, abundant, and in almost every dinner. Tacoyaki was my favorite.

But Japan is also the source of the most disgusting thing I have put into my mouth to date. Natto is a traditional dish of "spoiled beans". The Japanese teenagers that I was with even refused to try it. I took a spoonful. It tasted like sticky vomit. I do not recommend it.

dust1n

Zindīq
I'm had a lot of what you guys have had.. multiple meats, alligator, deer, duck, squirrel. I really love eel though - Unagi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've had candied worms, chocolate worms, chocolate ants, but no roaches, spiders, anything else in that area.

I ate a 'garbage burger' which with a hamburger with like peanut butter, jelly, green olives, black beans, jelly beans, and a couple of other things I don't remember.

The Garbage Burger at McGuire's Irish Pub Uses Every Possible Ingredient - WTFood - Eater National

That was probably the worst thing I've ever eaten. But I did it on a fifty dollar bet.

Oh, I ate a trial-sized Dove bar of soap once on a bet. That made me pretty sick.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I'm had a lot of what you guys have had.. multiple meats, alligator, deer, duck, squirrel. I really love eel though - Unagi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've had candied worms, chocolate worms, chocolate ants, but no roaches, spiders, anything else in that area.

I ate a 'garbage burger' which with a hamburger with like peanut butter, jelly, green olives, black beans, jelly beans, and a couple of other things I don't remember.

The Garbage Burger at McGuire's Irish Pub Uses Every Possible Ingredient - WTFood - Eater National

That was probably the worst thing I've ever eaten. But I did it on a fifty dollar bet.

Oh, I ate a trial-sized Dove bar of soap once on a bet. That made me pretty sick.
Apparently I need to add more insects, worms, and bathing supplies to my diet. :D

dust1n

Zindīq
I could never bring myself to do tounges, hearts, livers, gizzards, brains, etc.

Recognizable organs are just too much for me.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I could never bring myself to do tounges, hearts, livers, gizzards, brains, etc.

But.... but.... what if they are fried in butter?

The liver and heart were not very tasty, but I am optimistic that it is possible to make them delicious.

But the one time I tried calf brain, oh man, I thought it was going to be super disgusting and that I'd hear the lambs screaming in my dreams, but it was very tasty and the texture was just like butter. MmmmMmm. I'd like to try them again and find out if it was just a fluke.

TommyDar

In one part of Indonesia, you can eat bats. It is not common in the capital, Jakarta, but it can be found in the rural areas. One reason I heard is that it is cheaper than raising cattle or other livestock, because the bats are wild and thus do not consume any human agriculture. It tastes rather like something between chicken and pork but I don't think I will try it again.

dust1n

Zindīq
But.... but.... what if they are fried in butter?

The liver and heart were not very tasty, but I am optimistic that it is possible to make them delicious.

But the one time I tried calf brain, oh man, I thought it was going to be super disgusting and that I'd hear the lambs screaming in my dreams, but it was very tasty and the texture was just like butter. MmmmMmm. I'd like to try them again and find out if it was just a fluke.

I'd probably try and like it. I'll eat just about anything. I'd just need to not be told what it is until after I ate it. I imagine all the organs for any mammal are loaded with nutritious materials.

siamus

I took communion at a Catholic school, when I was about 16.

That was strange for me.

That wine was NASTY!!!

siamus

Gizzards are actually quite flavorable. (just very chewy)

I once bit into a small piece of turkey liver that was in the gravy one year. My appetite was gone after that!

Last edited:

Wirey

Fartist
I used to trap, and if you could peel it's skin off for money, I probably tried it.

A word to the wise: Fox and raccoon were never, ever meant to be eaten by anyone.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Mine is pretty tame compared to a lot of other peoples.

I went over to a Korean friends house and his mom made chicken feet. It was...actually not bad.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

AHHHHH~!!! I ate liver LONG time and was my favorite!!!!!Don't like the others.Just liver.Dont eat it anymore...but I MISS fired chicken livers sometimes!

Gizzards and hearts go in gravy...

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
...a few things:

1. Chicken foot soup:

144014623_6c681d3c41.jpg

2. Snake:

DSC01139.JPG

3. Thousand year egg:

Arranged_century_egg_on_a_plate.jpg

4. Grilled rat:

Rat-Meat-Humor.jpg

...ahhh, my days of a misspent teenage youth in Singapore...

Last edited: