• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strangest things you've eaten?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Tried to explain just how luscious hearts taste, and I keep getting looks from some folks who think I've fallen off the deep end.

I'd ask, "You like dark meat?"

They'd say, "Oh yeah, I prefer it because it's more rich."

I'd say, "Well, imagine dark meat times ten, and for me that's eating hearts."

They'd say, "NOOOO! Not the HEART! What are you, somebody that sacrifices virgins and eats their hearts raw like a savage?" Hilarious.

GEEK ALERT!!!

It's so dark because of the myoglobulin. Whale meat, especially that of deep-diving whales, is almost black because it contains so much myoglobulin to store oxygen.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Well I'm pretty much pescetarian at the moment so I'm not touching much animal meat. Before that though, when I was younger, I ate frog legs (I thought it tasted similar to chicken) and also garlic snails. I was quite adventurous as a child, I think there's a lot of things I would have eaten. Now, not so much (frankly I'm a little shocked on some things you guys ate)!

Fish roe and raw fish might be considered wierd by some, I find it tasty. Sushi is my favourite food. I've also had many kinds of Japanese ingredients that people aren't used to.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Milkfat, nonfat milk, sugar, sweet whey, high-fructose corn syrup, guar gum, monoglycerides and diglycerides, cellulose gum, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, citric acid, E129, amyl acetate, amyl butyrate, amyl valerate, anethol, anisyl formate, benzyl acetate, benzyl isobutyrate, butyric acid, cinnamyl isobutyrate, cinnamyl valerate, cognac essential oil, diacetyl, dipropyl ketone, ethyl butyrate, ethyl cinnamate, ethyl heptanoate, ethyl heptylate, ethyl lactate, ethyl methylphenylglycidate, ethyl nitrate, ethyl propionate, ethyl valerate, heliotropin, hydroxyphrenyl-2-butanone (10% solution in alcohol), ionone, isobutyl anthranilate, isobutyl butyrate, lemon essential oil, maltol, 4-methylacetophenone, methyl anthranilate, methyl benzoate, methyl cinnamate, methyl heptine carbonate, methyl naphthyl ketone, methyl salicylate, mint essential oil, neroli essential oil, nerolin, neryl isobutyrate, orris butter, phenethyl alcohol, rose, rum ether, undecalactone, vanillin and solvent. Or fastfood outlet milkshake for short.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You eat that anytime you eat pork sausage... it's the casing. :D
In some cases; most often the home made and butcher market varieties. The more commercial brands are almost always made of cellulose or collagen, which are also used for manufacturing wieners.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Snails, it wasn't that bad

And eels at a japanese restaurant ... never again :no:

If the eels are prepared the Mediterranean way, coated with flour or something else and pan fried crisp, they're not unlike catfish. In fact they'd really good Cajun style.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
In some cases; most often the home made and butcher market varieties. The more commercial brands are almost always made of cellulose or collagen, which are also used for manufacturing wieners.

True, the cellulose or collagen is probably cheaper and easier to come by than enough intestines.

Musty

I ate a fish heart once but apart from that I don't think I've had anything particularly strange.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Oops..posted this in the wrong place...jsut move along...nothing to see here

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
raw quail eggs. grashopper, cockroach (both candy/chocalate coated.ill try any/everything given the chance.
so i am sad my list is short and lame i feel im missing something though

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I ate crocodile once. It takes like chicken.

But frankly I think the strangest thing I've ever eaten is processed food. Like things with 20 ingredients, or weird extracted and processed oils, etc.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I ate crocodile once. It takes like chicken.

But frankly I think the strangest thing I've ever eaten is processed food. Like things with 20 ingredients, or weird extracted and processed oils, etc.

Speaking of processed foods, I came acrossed this today and immediately thought about Revoltingest:

Bacon Jam at Amazon.com