• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange Skills and Talents

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My son has been a-plundering lately... going through books, closets, shelves high and low. No nook and cranny has gone uncovered.

This is extremely annoying. Sometimes he throws important papers in with trash, crashes stuff from up high so it shatters on the floor, and takes for his own that which does not belong to him.

I found my 4 leaf clover stash dumped out a little bit ago, a few of them crushed.

I'll find more, though. For some reason, I seem to have a knack for it. If there's one around, I'll find it. I don't really know the word for it, but I say "I hear one", and then I find it. I don't hear it with my ears, of course, but there's some odd sense that grabs my attention like an actual noise would, I turn my head, and there it is.

I'm weird, I know.

What's a strange skill you have?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My son has been a-plundering lately... going through books, closets, shelves high and low. No nook and cranny has gone uncovered.

This is extremely annoying. Sometimes he throws important papers in with trash, crashes stuff from up high so it shatters on the floor, and takes for his own that which does not belong to him.

I found my 4 leaf clover stash dumped out a little bit ago, a few of them crushed.

I'll find more, though. For some reason, I seem to have a knack for it. If there's one around, I'll find it. I don't really know the word for it, but I say "I hear one", and then I find it. I don't hear it with my ears, of course, but there's some odd sense that grabs my attention like an actual noise would, I turn my head, and there it is.

I'm weird, I know.

The temple manager, currently back in Fiji, can find clovers like that. I hate him. I'll be looking and he just comes along and finds one where I just looked. I have lots of areas where my lack of skill is uncanny.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The temple manager, currently back in Fiji, can find clovers like that. I hate him. I'll be looking and he just comes along and finds one where I just looked. I have lots of areas where my lack of skill is uncanny.

You just have to stop looking and start listening!

Viker

Häxan
I never get lost and always find the right path/trail to take. My sense of direction is uncanny. Today I saw a patch of trees with no brush. I took the route and after a couple miles of through the woods only ( no path/trail) I came to a parking lot of a liquor store. How convenient. I was thinking of a night cap for tonight the whole time.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I never get lost and always find the right path/trail to take. My sense of direction is uncanny. Today I saw a patch of trees with no brush. I took the route and after a couple miles of through the woods only ( no path/trail) I came to a parking lot of a liquor store. How convenient. I was thinking of a night cap for tonight the whole time.

That's a great skill to have, both for yourself and those around you.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You smelled it! Cheater!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I could hand draw a near perfect circle on the chalkboard, and that impressed my students, because they lacked the ability because they lacked the ability to understand what a circle was.

I can also go into lotus while in a headstand, but hey that's not much of a unique skill.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

The writing style and word choice (whether spoken or written) of many I meet end up being imprinted in my memory such that I can identify them later.

If you left RF today and came back a decade later, there would be a solid chance I would recognize you under a different username just from your posts.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The writing style and word choice (whether spoken or written) of many I meet end up being imprinted in my memory such that I can identify them later.

If you left RF today and came back a decade later, there would be a solid chance I would recognize you under a different username just from your posts.
That's useful. I had a friend in high school who 'hired' his older sister to do all of his English essays. After awhile she got fed up, and told him he had to do one on his own. He did, and the teacher gave him a zero because she 'knew' it definitely wasn't his writing. Your testimony reminded me.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

I gotta hang out with you. I often get lost. But maybe that's my uncanny skill and I should work to perfect it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I could hand draw a near perfect circle on the chalkboard, and that impressed my students, because they lacked the ability because they lacked the ability to understand what a circle was.

I can also go into lotus while in a headstand, but hey that's not much of a unique skill.

No, no, not much of a unique skill.

:eek:

How did you learn to do that?

Yes! Yes you can!

I can undress people with my mind.

That sounds great 1% of the time, and horrifying the other 99%.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
When I was in high school, I used to make up people. I'd talk to them, argue with them, tell people about scenarios I'd gotten into with them. I was so good at detailing the stories, emotionally reacting to the stories I'd created, and conversing realistically with these characters, people stopped questioning if I was nuts and started trying to figure out what was going on. I remember overhearing some people discussing if my 'friends' were ghosts.

I came clean in my 20s. I still had a few that didn't accept it, and insisted I must have been seeing something.

I don't do it much anymore...

On a side note, there are elephants in the house next door.