• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange mutations

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
How does evolution, intelligent design, or God explain these abnormalities?
Evolution is the combination of the two mechanisms of random mutation and natural selection. This seems to fall under the "random mutation" category.

If the mutations are advantageous in some way (either by increasing the likelihood of survival, or increasing the number of offspring), they'll be selected for and the trait will become more likely in the next generation; if they're not advantageous, they'll be selected against and the trait will be less likely.

I don't think intelligent design has much of its own to say on the issue. As for God's explanation, you'll have to ask Him yourself.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
These are ususally the result of a genetic coding error. HoX genes I believe.... they control limb production.

basically a genetic "oops".

How would ID explain it? I dunno' maybe the designer was a bit tipsy at the time. :D

wa:do