• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange meetings

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam ,

One day, was travelling in the subway. One woman in the wagon was speaking loudly, and a lot.
First I thought she was speaking to friends. Did not pay attention much. But no, she was speaking to everyone, and moving around as if she was adressing everyone yet no one.

Maybe she was one of those numerous people begging for money in the subway. But no, she wasn't asking or accepting anything.

As she came closer, could clearly hear what she was saying. Very strange near nonsense stuff, about gods and things tormenting her, she was pleading someone for release.

Ok, for me, she was definitely someone who had way too much drug. Let her pass by my seat without much attention: those scènes are almost daily here.

As she passes, felt something very cold. Whole shiver despite the coat. Senses sharpen, then I feel. Feel it deeply, almost physically. There was indeed "something". Following her. Stuck to her. All I could see and feel was that it was "something", and was linked to her family.

Then quickly retracted inside myself and recited mantra to get focus back, and for protection.
It was so clear and sudden, scared me.

Regardless of your religion and background, had any similar experience in your life to share ?

Aum Namah Shivaya

Timothy Bryce

I think people who are impacted traumatically or profoundly emotionally by another individual can be, in a word, haunted, by a presence of that particular person.

I knew a nurse who worked with some creep who was totally obsessed with her and he apparently killed himself right in front of her (jammed a syringe full of air directly into his jugular - ugh, what a way to go out). Anyway, this woman remains traumatized by the experience even though it was in no way her fault and has actually commented that she feels the presence of this dead guy following her around everywhere she goes, almost like a shadow. We also had a very experiential time together one night where the group that was there could actually sense and see the presence of this shadow that she was talking about. Freaked the hell out of all of us.

Begs the question about the possibilities of entities from different terrestrial realms - while they may very well be a construct of an individual's paranoia or psychosis of some sort or whether it isn't necessarily mutually exclusive to sensing these things.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes it happens. Souls who have recently transitioned, and are lost without a map of where they're going will cling for a time, trying to get the experience only a physical body can give you, so they try to do it through an acquaintance, a friend, etc. I've only seen it a couple of times, but similarly it can also be quite positive, where a soul wants to come back, and the friend is doing the guiding, consciously, or unconsciously. Suffice it to say there is a ton more going on than we know.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I think also that people's energy can leak and surround them, and affect other people. If we are one (semi-advatic?) then I think this can't help but be the case. We say that negative people are toxic and bring us down, and other people spread good feelings. Hmmm...

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think also that people's energy can leak and surround them, and affect other people. If we are one (semi-advatic?) then I think this can't help but be the case. We say that negative people are toxic and bring us down, and other people spread good feelings. Hmmm...
So true. You (sensitive people especially)can even have thoughts that aren't your own. Thoughts can be 'in the air'. Have you ever had the feeling, "Where in heck did that come from?" ? Well, when it's that 'out there' it may not even be your thought, but your neighbour's.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So true. You (sensitive people especially)can even have thoughts that aren't your own. Thoughts can be 'in the air'. Have you ever had the feeling, "Where in heck did that come from?" ? Well, when it's that 'out there' it may not even be your thought, but your neighbour's.
I have had dreams of that sort...during the course of them, or after, realizing that the iconography, characters, themes, etc., simply aren't mine, aren't ME.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

Thanks for your interesting stories and inputs !
It's indeed an interesting subject, yet I think maybe we'll never be able to know for sure.

I remember last year, when I was studying french for the national exam, I started to feel down. It's an incredibly ****ty complicated language (and it's a native saying that...) and I just couldn't wrap my head understanding all the hidden complicated grammar rules behind.
As I was about to start being tired of failing to understand the lesson, I suddenly smell a perfume.
That was my (deceased) great grandmother perfume. I could smell it, for real, with my nose. No way it could be coming From outside or From the neighbours. It was ... There all of a sudden.

She used to absolutely love reading and was very knowledgable in grammar.

Needless to say I worked double and passed the national exam with a very, very good score.

Still today I can't explain it other than "something, somewhere, gave me a nudge in the right direction "

Aum Namah Shivaya

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Vanakkam,

Thanks for your interesting stories and inputs !
It's indeed an interesting subject, yet I think maybe we'll never be able to know for sure.

I remember last year, when I was studying french for the national exam, I started to feel down. It's an incredibly ****ty complicated language (and it's a native saying that...) and I just couldn't wrap my head understanding all the hidden complicated grammar rules behind.
As I was about to start being tired of failing to understand the lesson, I suddenly smell a perfume.
That was my (deceased) great grandmother perfume. I could smell it, for real, with my nose. No way it could be coming From outside or From the neighbours. It was ... There all of a sudden.

She used to absolutely love reading and was very knowledgable in grammar.

Needless to say I worked double and passed the national exam with a very, very good score.

Still today I can't explain it other than "something, somewhere, gave me a nudge in the right direction "

Aum Namah Shivaya

So cool, and to be honest, I was just editing a ghost story I wrote. There was smells in there too. (Timing is one of Ganesha's specialties.)