• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"straight talk" from Michael Galloway

Scott1

More "straight talk" from Michael Galloway, founder, Your Catholic Voice Foundation (YCVF) and Catholic Online.

mike.jpg

Ten Questions That Must Be Answered.
"Clear Hearing, Clear Seeing, and Clear Thinking
Demanded. Lazy Minds Need Not Apply."

Dear Friends,

Thank you for reading these letters. This is the second in a series of twelve addressing the incredible crime happening daily against the innocent and defenseless child in the womb. I am a father, and a grandfather, and a Catholic Christian. I am asking, begging, if necessary, that you read and pray about the content of this letter.

If we ever hope to have any significant statistical impact against the onslaught of Abortion, we must hear clearly, see clearly and think clearly.

I know that someone out there is going to either get their feelings hurt or misunderstand my statement, or get defensive. I am asked every week in the many conversations I have,

"Don't you think that the efforts undertaken by the hundreds of agencies, ministries and individuals are having an impact?"

Of course they are having an impact. That is not the point. The point is that one million babies per year, over 80,000 per month, are being Aborted. Abortion kills babies. Everything we are currently doing is good, but not good enough!!!!!! This result is not acceptable to me, and I trust, it is not acceptable to you.

Now let me ask you a question and how would you answer?

If we do everything the same way, in the same intensity, with the same people, and the same resources, in the same locations, can we expect a different or more positive result???

I Propose that we will not get a different result, less abortions and more adoptions, unless we change some things. The first proposal I submit is that we need to change the way we hear, see and think.

Needed: Excellent Listeners With Clear Eyes and Capacity to Think
We need to Hear Clearly at a depth uncommon to normal conversation, in order to See Clearly what is occurring in order to Think Clearly to react.

In several places in the Gospels, Jesus is quoted as saying, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." The Christ knew our tendency to listen at a surface level and miss the "pearls" of truth and understanding. We have to dig deep.

What kind of questions should we be asking? What will the answers tell us about our current efforts and activities to stop Abortion? As an example, wouldn't it be pretty important to have the answers to the following questions answered with crystal clarity?

We must ask the following ten questions and truly listen to the answer so that we can actually see the truth and then prepare our response.
  1. When the decision is made to Abort a child, who makes the decision? A Senator, a representative, a governor, a medical doctor, a Planned Parenthood counselor? Who makes the decision?
  2. How does that person make the decision they make? Is it possible an expectant mother makes the decision to Abort just like you make decisions in your daily life?: She looks at her situation, she looks at her alternatives, she weighs her alternatives, and she makes a determination based on what she believes will provide her with the best outcome. She may consider outside information, but for the most part, our current delivery of outside information is too little, delivered way too late. Isn't it obvious by the result we are not achieving?
  3. Why does she make the decision to Abort? This is a very big decision, made with broad frequency across ethnic, religious and ideological lines.
  4. What are the final "tipping point" issues, the factors that form the "Why"?
  5. What can you assume by the fact that the decision is made?
  6. Who helps her with this decision? Who has influence in this decision?
  7. When is the decision to Abort made?
    a. Is it made before the pregnancy occurs?
    b. Has a young expectant mother, or a woman in middle years made a decision well in advance of the situation?
    c. Did they make the decision watching a friend or family member struggle with an unexpected birth event?
    d. Did they observe the religious community interact with expectant mothers?
    e. Did they watch the person's life become completely unraveled in terms of education, finances and family ridicule and shame?
    f. Was the person influenced in middle school, years ahead of the event by a sex education curriculum philosophy that teaches this baby is not a human being.
  8. Who does the expectant mother talk to first, after suspecting she is pregnant? Her peers? Her parents? The father? A counselor at school?
  9. How far down the list of confidants is a representative of the Faith, or are they on the list at all?
  10. What does she believe her options are when she learns that she is unexpectedly pregnant? Who shaped those perceptions?
It is an absolute error of the greatest magnitude to believe we understand clearly how to stop abortion, if we do not know why it occurs in the first place. Many anti-abortion efforts address a few of the questions. No Response addresses them all.

We cannot afford to be partially informed. The conclusions we draw, the actions we take, the money we donate and spend, all reflect what we believe we know.

I am inviting you to participate with me, a father, grandfather, and a Pro- active Catholic Christian, over the next ninety days as we together seek truth, inspiration, and direction.

I promise to share everything we are discovering, and I invite you to explore this "territory of darkness" seized by our opposition as a stronghold that kills so many tens of thousands of God's precious gifts.

I know we, you and I, can have an immediate and measurable impact as we press forward into this territory currently dominated by a culture of death. It is not for the faint of heart or weak of will. Let us join hands and ranks and advance.

Sincerely Yours in Christ,

Michael Galloway

P.S.

P.S.S.

Can you think of anyone who should or would like to read this letter.
Please Forward this Email to your Family, Friends and Neighbors

If you have not participated in our survey, please do so today.
See A Baby Takes A Bus Ride
See YCVF Press Release

Next Week: " Clear Thinking About Our Pro Life Movement".