• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight men and femininity

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Because the notion of masculinity is very vague.

I was just thinking that.

Sometimes I think there's a subconscious attitude for many that masculinity is negative, as well.

Its strange... its pushed for so many men. Then when they behave in the way they were pushed to, they're sometimes painted in a negative light. How confusing! We aren't so hard on women who act masculine, though(actually, this is often encouraged).

In the end, it seems we(speaking of pronounced social attitudes) want women to be masculine, and men to be feminine...

Eh, I hope there's a day we can all just be who we are without pressure to act differently(in absence of violent or harmful tendencies, of course).

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I was just thinking that.

Sometimes I think there's a subconscious attitude for many that masculinity is negative, as well.

Its strange... its pushed for so many men. Then when they behave in the way they were pushed to, they're sometimes painted in a negative light. How confusing! We aren't so hard on women who act masculine, though(actually, this is often encouraged).

In the end, it seems we(speaking of pronounced social attitudes) want women to be masculine, and men to be feminine...

Eh, I hope there's a day we can all just be who we are without pressure to act differently(in absence of violent or harmful tendencies, of course).
Exactly. Why should all people be identical to one another? Diversity is good.

Truth in love

Lewis said this would be a good thread topic

So here i go...

Why don't straight men act more feminine?
1. Some find such things culturally unacceptable.
2. In the great balance of life it helps to have a masculine and a feminine. In a straight relationship those rules are at least fairly well laid out.
3. There are many biological factors that persist regardless of culture. (Women are more focused on relationships and men on things).