• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight men and femininity

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Lewis said this would be a good thread topic

So here i go...

Why don't straight men act more feminine?
Because it's not part of the nature of most males, and most straight women are not attracted to feminine men. However, female masculinity is rarer than male femininity (similar to how true lesbians are rarer than gay men).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Men who are not in any doubt about their sexuality quite often seem comfortable enough in their own skin that they don't mind occasionally walking upright, with good posture, and enjoying an occasional emotion.
I had a conversation lately remarking the wackiness that is what is considered a feminine posture, particularly in regards to the shoulders and back, is really just good posture and best for the body. And lifting? Again a "feminine form" of using the hips and knees and keeping the back straight, that's just proper lifting technique.
So be girly when being a manly man at the gym so you don't blow your back out.:D

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Again a "feminine form" of using the hips and knees and keeping the back straight, that's just proper lifting technique.
So be girly when being a manly man at the gym so you don't blow your back out.:D

No. There is nothing “feminine” at all about proper form at the gym, whether it’s squats, bench, incline, dead lift, military press, curls or whatever.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No. There is nothing “feminine” at all about proper form at the gym, whether it’s squats, bench, incline, dead lift, military press, curls or whatever.
For some lifts, like squats or dead lifting, bending at the knees and hips, which women typically do more often when lifting anyways unlike men, is proper form. That's my point. Outside the gym it can very easily look girly for a guy to use proper lifting technique, which is proper lifting technique in and outside of the gym.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
For some lifts, like squats or dead lifting, bending at the knees and hips, which women typically do more often when lifting anyways unlike men, is proper form. That's my point. Outside the gym it can very easily look girly for a guy to use proper lifting technique, which is proper lifting technique in and outside of the gym.

There is nothing feminine about those lifts, or about using proper form. I think most individuals- especially athletes and other athletic people- are not going to look at a grown man doing squat or deadlift movements and think there is anything girly about it.

03AFAA5D-C7FA-4E70-8998-D35DB4FA4A69.gif

-Hafthor Bjornson being an absolute boss

“Girly”. As if.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There is nothing feminine about those lifts, or about using proper form. I think most individuals- especially athletes and other athletic people- are not going to look at a grown man doing squat or deadlift movements and think there is anything girly about it.

View attachment 65592
-Hafthor Bjornson being an absolute boss

“Girly”. As if.
Look at him bend those knees and hips and keeping that back straight enough to balance a book on his head!
Amd athletes? Like that super manly football that involved a college football coach taking his team to victory by making them learn that girly ballet stuff.
And as one guy I knew who was in ballet would ask (more point out) guys who gave him **** about it, would you rather be a locker room full of sweaty, naked guys or be touching sweaty women wearing tight clothing?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
About 200,000 to 10,000,000 years, depending on who you ask.
Compare, for instance, the size dimorphism of humans to that of gorillas or orangutans.
No, we're not gorillas but there's still pretty huge differences between males and females, psychologically and physically. I wouldn't describe them as slight. Many times, I'm surprised males and females are even the same species, they have such general differences in thinking and behavior.

Heyo

Veteran Member
No, we're not gorillas but there's still pretty huge differences between males and females, psychologically and physically. I wouldn't describe them as slight.
Biologists do. Human dimorphism is weak, compared with other species.
Many times, I'm surprised males and females are even the same species, they have such general differences in thinking and behavior.
Which may or may not be due to sexual dimorphism. Some behaviour has biological roots but much is culturally influenced. Take away the culture and humans are even less dimorphic than on appearance alone.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Biologists do. Human dimorphism is weak, compared with other species.
Which may or may not be due to sexual dimorphism. Some behaviour has biological roots but much is culturally influenced. Take away the culture and humans are even less dimorphic than on appearance alone.
Compared to other species, but we're not talking about other species. Cultural differences don't explain away sex differences. Males will always have far more testosterone than females and so males will always be - in general - taller, have more physical strength, power and stamina, have a higher libido and more goal-focused sexuality, have higher grey matter volume and generally different brain structuring and organization than females, etc. That's all nature and has nothing to do with culture.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If you have nothing to compare it to, how can you say that an attribute is high or low?
Well, we're discussing humans here, not other animals. Why does it need to be compared to other animals? Even so, we still demonstrate many or most of the same sex differences that you find in other apes, both in terms of physical differences and behavioral/psychological differences.