• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Story Time

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If all life is a story.

How are you telling yours? Are you kind and compassionate to the characters in your life. Or do you treat them with contempt and scorn.

What about your protagonist/author. How are you treating them?

Treasure Hunter

If all life is a story.

How are you telling yours? Are you kind and compassionate to the characters in your life. Or do you treat them with contempt and scorn.

What about your protagonist/author. How are you treating them?
Kindness and compassion are essential in building and maintaining relationships, but are kindness and compassion sufficient for a great story? If you went to go see a movie that focused disproportionately on displaying kindness and compassion at the expense of all other elements of a story, would you consider that among the better movies?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Kindness and compassion are essential in building and maintaining relationships, but are kindness and compassion sufficient for a great story? If you went to go see a movie that focused disproportionately on displaying kindness and compassion at the expense of all other elements of a story, would you consider that among the better movies?

Depends on my mood.

Stories have many moods and many chapters. Dynamism makes a good story.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I agree that dynamism makes a good story. So then how often are we hearing the question of whether or not our story has enough dynamism compared to the message of kindness and compassion?

Because most of use are already adept at creating the opposite (chaos).

Treasure Hunter

Because most of use are already adept at creating the opposite (chaos).
That’s interesting because I don’t see it as most of us creating chaos. Chaos is readily prevalent and we have a natural aversion to it. What appears to be chaotic to someone else is actually that person’s comfort zone.

I see most everyone staying within comfort zones despite the prevalent chaos. I don’t see a lot of us choosing dynamism over the comfort zone.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I see most everyone staying within comfort zones despite the prevalent chaos. I don’t see a lot of us choosing dynamism over the comfort zone.

FB_IMG_1649976746266.jpg