• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Story Time: Jobs Edition

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
So I'm subscribed to a news paper centered near where I grew up. Thank god for that, cause today I got a good laugh.

VIDEO: Two men shoot each other at Port Orchard gas station after robbery plan fizzles

So this happened at a gas station I used to work at. A couple meth heads (who rode in on the same car) got into an argument over a failed robbery and shot each other, then they got into said car and drove off. Chasing after them is my old boss, who you can see visibly dying inside in the video. :D

Now, this isn't the first time things of this nature have happened at this place I used to work. Sit back, unwind, and let the theater of your mind paint for you the setting that I'll construct for you...

So it's 2 am; two hours before I open for the day. This guy who is the son of a local magnate (his dad owns a tree cutting business) is meeting in the parking lot with his friend to buy some "marijuana" from him. He was telling me this while pacing around wildly, with a limp, and picking at his scabs on his knuckles... We'll call him Jim.

So anyways, Jim arrives with his girlfriend (who is driving) and he gets out and walks up to his friend's car. He gets in, and as he sits down, he notices there's someone sitting directly behind him. Thinking nothing of it, though, Jim says hi to his friend and makes small talk.

With that out of the way, they begin talking about the deal at hand, and so Jim pulls out a fat wad of $5,000 in cash, and begins to thumb through it. Seeing this, his friend's eyes get wide and he turns to the guy behind Jim and yells "Grab em!" So he does just that!

The guy reaches around the car seat and wraps his arms around em while Jim's "friend" pulls out a knife. Seeing this, Jim looks for a way to escape, and thankfully the window was already open.

Jim's a small guy, so he manages to wriggle free from the guy holding him against the seat, and he dives out the window. As he does, he feels something, but fueled by adrenaline and the will to live, he thinks nothin of it... At least, not until he goes to stand up.

As he stands he feels blood just slosh down the back of his pant leg. He's been stabbed in the *** cheek!

He goes and limps to his girlfriend who was just minding her own business while he did his deal, and he yells at her to call the cops. The dealers peel off into the night, and leave nothing behind but the still steaming pool of ***-cheek-blood that would forever stain the concrete in the parking lot of the gas station where I used to work so very long ago.

The end! :D

You guys have any work place stories too?

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
I managed a custom crating shop in Chicago years ago, and we built most of our crates on top of large 5 x 10 foot work tables. Occasionally, we'd have to climb up on top the tables to assemble them, and the preliminary assembly was done using air-powered staple guns with 2" glue-coated staples. These guns were set so that when the trigger was depressed, the gun would fire a staple every time the nose touched a surface. This made them very fast to use, but also very dangerous.

One day one of the guys was climbing up on the work table to staple a large crate together and bumped the nose of the staple gun with his knee. The gun fired a 2" coated staple into his knee cap, and off to the hospital he went. The surgery took an especially long time because the doctors had a very difficult time extracting the two glue-coated tines of the staple from the bone.

New rule: NEVER climb up on the worktable with the stapler in your hand!

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
No violent ones thankfully, but we had some fun mistranslations with a French speaking co worker.

Her and I became good friends, and while most people tackled their clients alone(we were in a group home), her and I would team up and assist each other. When I wanted to get started, I'd say "come on, lets go bond." And we'd get to work.

She tried to start the getting progress moving one day, and came to me and said "come on, lets go do bondage." I calmly told her I just wasn't into her like that. "What do you mean?" she asked. "It seems I have a lot of explaining to do..." I said.

amorphous_constellation

Now, this isn't the first time things of this nature have happened at this place I used to work. Sit back, unwind, and let the theater of your mind paint for you the setting that I'll construct for you...

That sounds like the lower working class sort of world alright.. Yeah I got some stories too, but these sorts of problems kind of depress me nowadays. Your story was amusing, but the characters in question might never get out of their mindsets

These guns were set so that when the trigger was depressed, the gun would fire a staple every time the nose touched a surface. This made them very fast to use, but also very dangerous.

I have to remember to be sort of mindful of those too.. I usually don't think nothing of it , but those staples could penetrate bone