• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Store clerks working naked as marketing ploy - inappropriate or savvy?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
A local store in St. Louis, MO that is part of the Lush bath/beauty product franchise is having some of their staff work in nothing but aprons today.

The staff at LUSH cosmetics in the Galleria are taking the term "naked lunch" to a whole new level today. Beginning at noon, one man and three women who work at the LUSH shop will wear nothing but aprons in a nationwide protest against product overpackaging. Allie Leung, a spokeswoman in New York for the company, said the protest is also designed to encourage shoppers to buy LUSH's naked — as in unwrapped — products. ".........

Source

Would you go to a business that has a naked staff in it? Would you take your children? What are your thoughts on this campaign?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I would go if they were hot. :D But seriously, I wouldn't not go because they're naked. I might not go because it was a gross sight to see. However, I assume they make sure the employees are attractive anyway.

I wouldn't mind so much taking my kids. There's nothing wrong with nudity. I wouldn't take them to a strip club (unless they were 18 at least), but that's because that is a very sexualized nudity.

A

angellous_evangellous

I wonder if the employees get hazard pay for this.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Would you go to a business that has a naked staff in it?
I have in the past, so I guess I might. I wouldn't go buy soap just because the sales staff were naked, though.

Would you take your children?
I don't have any, but if I did, I probably wouldn't.

What are your thoughts on this campaign?
I think that if you need to use nudity to sell soap, it's probably not very good soap. :D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I can gaurantee you their most "private" spots are covered..Wearing nothing BUT aprons is not naked..

Love

Dallas

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh and I think its a cute idea by the way..

Love

Dallas

I think so, too. In fact, I wish I could go over there to see what they have to sell since I wouldn't mind buying products that don't contribute as much packaging waste. And yeah, I'd bring my kids with me. They'd have a giggle fit while I get to shop.

The problem is that the Galleria mall is around an area in St. Louis that is under really heavy construction, and it's very inconvenient for me and our family schedule to just hop in the car and drive over there.

Maybe I'll go some other time when I can.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I believe "Aveda" has the same idea..all of their packaging is from recycled material...And Im pretty sure they dont use any plastic whatsoever...

I think its a wonderful cause..and definately something worth getting naked over.. :yes:

Love

Dallas

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Geez, almost every day the RF Staff are working naked as marketing ploy, but nobody starts threads on whether that's inappropriate or savvy. Would you let your children post in a thread started by a naked person? Probably, since you posted in one already. Sicko.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Geez, almost every day the RF Staff are working naked as marketing ploy, but nobody starts threads on whether that's inappropriate or savvy. Would you let your children post in a thread started by a naked person? Probably, since you posted in one already. Sicko.

I'm sorry, doesn't this go against forum rules? Jeez. :p

And, BTW, why do you think I started coming here in the first place?