• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop making excuses for who you are.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When you have lived a life of being pushed down and you feel like **** because you start to believe what others say about you, there is a time when you realize. Hey, who are you to tell me what i can and can not believe in, or what i can do or can`t do?
So stop making excusses to these people who pull you down, stand up for you self and say, THIS is me, and if you do not like who I am, that is your problem not mine.

This does of course not mean you should start braking rules of a country or the religion you follow, it means you put down a line where you say, now I am in charge of my life, and no matter what crap you throw at me, it is not going to affect me.

In this situation, NEVER for get to love others for who they are, love their differences and their way of living their life, because you know it is their choice, not your to tell them what is right for them to do.
Yes, you will stumble and get burned a few times along the way, but then you know it was on you, not anybody else to blame then your self.

Stand up for your self and say. Your opinion about something, is your opinion. I might agree with you from time to time, but when I don`t, its ok because life has give us a different set of eyes to see with.

Believe in your own ability to get things done, Believe in your dream of what you want to become, or where you want to go. Who is stopping you? You are your own brakes.

What if you fail? What if something does not go as you wanted to? Learn from it, take what every you need from it to rebuild your dream, go back to what you did before something went wrong and look at it.

Never give up. But never forget to be humble and respectful to others who you meet on your path. They have their dreams and hopes. They have their belief and their path to walk.

And lastly, NEVER be afraid of asking for help when you need it.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
When you have lived a life of being pusshed down and you feel like **** because you start to believe what others say about you, there is a time when you realize. Hey, who are you to tell me what i can and can not believe in, or what i can do or can`t do?
So stop making excusses to these people who pull you down, stand up for you self and say, THIS is me, and if you do not like who I am, that is your problem not mine.

This does of course not mean you should start braking rules of a country or the religion you follow, it means you put down a line where you say, now I am in charge of my life, and no matter what crap you throw at me, it is not going to affect me.

In this situation, NEVER for get to love others for who they are, love their differences and their way of living their life, because you know it is their choice, not your to tell them what is right for them to do.
Yes, you will stumble and get burned a few times along the way, but then you know it was on you, not anybody else to blame then your self.

Stand up for your self and say. Your opinion about something, is your opinion. I might agree with you from time to time, but when I don`t, its ok because life has give us a different set of eyes to see with.

Believe in your own ability to get things done, Believe in your dream of what you want to become, or where you want to go. Who is stopping you? You are your own brakes.

What if you fail? What if something does not go as you wanted to? Learn from it, take what every you need from it to rebuild your dream, go back to what you did before something went wrong and look at it.

Never give up. But never forget to be humble and respectful to others who you meet on your path. They have their dreams and hopes. They have their belief and their path to walk.

Still working on it. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When you have lived a life of being pushed down and you feel like **** because you start to believe what others say about you, there is a time when you realize. Hey, who are you to tell me what i can and can not believe in, or what i can do or can`t do?
What others might think or say about me does not bother me unless I know it is true, and if it is true I need to address it so I appreciate the feedback.
I never make excuses for people who pull me down, I stand up for myself. If people don't like me that is not my problem, unless I am doing something wrong, but I am always on the lookout for that, being my own worst critic.
I have been there for a while now.
I make a sincere effort to accept others for who they are even though as you know I have some problems with certain beliefs.
Yes, I normally blame myself first unless someone did something that was obviously their fault, and then I don't take the blame for that.
You know I have lots of opinions.
I do believe in my own ability to get things done, but I also know I have my limits and I cannot do everything I want to do because of circumstances and to some degree anxiety.
That is usually what I do, pick myself up and keep going, hard as it is.
No, I never give up and I try to be humble and respectful to others who I meet on my path.
I ma not usually afraid to ask for help when I need it, but often I keep my problems to myself because I don't think most people would understand.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
One can only pull me down if I allow their reality to impose upon my own.

If I don’t allow this to begin with, there is no need for me to stand up and say anything.