• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop all fake news! Trump is a great President!

shmogie

Relearn to ride the trusty bike, unless the distances there are too formidable. Who wants to bike to the moon in a forsaken place that resembles the moon?
I have an auto but rarely use it unless trekking north. I suspect even petrol will be soon rationed, so decide now how dependent you want to be on it. Of course that can be like changing a leopard's spots with most people. Obstinate.
What a piece of work.

You shouldn';t refer to Norway as a God forsaken place that resembles the moon, not very PC.,

The US has abundant gasoline, at very cheap prices.

No need for bikes here, we can afford cars

aeon6

What a piece of work.

You shouldn';t refer to Norway as a God forsaken place that resembles the moon, not very PC.,

No need for bikes here, we can afford cars

Actually, I was referring to desolate american places that hang on to archaic notions.
Worship the usa if you must.

shmogie

Actually, I was referring to desolate american places that hang on to archaic notions.
Worship the usa if you must.
Hmmmmmm. Some education for you. The Sonoran desert has more species of plants and animals than any other desert on earth. It is classed as sub tropical. For the blind and deaf it might seem desolate, but in fact it is far, far beyond that.

Worship the USA? No, but I revere and love it, and just between you and I, there may be better nations, but not on this earth.

Archaic notions? Those notions made the USA the best nation on earth.

Now, this may not seem correct for those who live in tiny, unimportant nations, but then their opinions are tiny and unimportant.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The "pandemic response team" was an admiral on the national security council, and his staff. Their responsibility was coordinating responses to bio war attacks, and internal pandemics. This was two years ago, and his responsibilities were assigned to others.

So, the idea that this was a critical mistake isn't true.

You don't think having a pandemic response team before a pandemic occurs is a good idea?

shmogie

You don't think having a pandemic response team before a pandemic occurs is a good idea?
It was Admiral, who sat on the NSC, and his support staff, they did not respond to pandemics, in any capacity, other than a coordination capacity. The responsibility wasn't eliminated, it was transferred.

Why this occurred, I am not sure. However, I do know that the NSC under Obama grew to a hundred plus people, when it was much, much smaller under other Presidents.

I suspect that reducing the size of council was the reason, as reduction has continued since.

I expect that a totally new approach will be taken after this virus, perhaps a new department becoming specifically responsible.

For the blame Trump crowd, even the tiniest thing can be distorted, and blown totally out of proportion for the narrative's sake.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
It was Admiral, who sat on the NSC, and his support staff, they did not respond to pandemics, in any capacity, other than a coordination capacity. The responsibility wasn't eliminated, it was transferred.

Why this occurred, I am not sure. However, I do know that the NSC under Obama grew to a hundred plus people, when it was much, much smaller under other Presidents.

I suspect that reducing the size of council was the reason, as reduction has continued since.

I expect that a totally new approach will be taken after this virus, perhaps a new department becoming specifically responsible.

For the blame Trump crowd, even the tiniest thing can be distorted, and blown totally out of proportion for the narrative's sake.

I do agree things are blown out of proportion, and--I fully admit--I do blame Trump on a lot of things. But I do strive to make it realistic. For instance, I stopped complaining about the WHO test kits controversy when I learned that was completely overblown.

However, I personally feel that Trump's character and lack of substantial leadership is having a negative impact on the country. And I disagree with much of his policy positions--particularly towards the environment.

In the case of the pandemic response team, from what I understand, the role was to work with the CDC in coordinating efforts to reduce the impact of the virus. If that role was transferred to someone else, who? The Trump administration seems to have put the risk of pandemics as a lower priority threat despite evidence that pandemics are one of the greater threats we have always faced.

james dixon

Premium Member
The US has abundant gasoline, for the time being. The US is now exporting its oil reserves which it hadn’t done before and the reason the US is exporting instead of importing is because the world is running out of their reserves.

The end of oil is upon us.
:)-

shmogie

I do agree things are blown out of proportion, and--I fully admit--I do blame Trump on a lot of things. But I do strive to make it realistic. For instance, I stopped complaining about the WHO test kits controversy when I learned that was completely overblown.

However, I personally feel that Trump's character and lack of substantial leadership is having a negative impact on the country. And I disagree with much of his policy positions--particularly towards the environment.

In the case of the pandemic response team, from what I understand, the role was to work with the CDC in coordinating efforts to reduce the impact of the virus. If that role was transferred to someone else, who? The Trump administration seems to have put the risk of pandemics as a lower priority threat despite evidence that pandemics are one of the greater threats we have always faced.
I personally agree with most of his policies.

As to the environment, the formula is not regulations equal a better environment, therefore removing regulations equals a poorer environment.

I do not think that the removal of most of the regulations so far, are environmentally significant.

In the tiniest, most microscopic way, I was in a leadership position, like Trump, I managed a small (42 people) law enforcement department, and I oversaw disaster preparedness, and fire suppression programs.

My point is that a leader is restricted, primary by finance in what he/she can do. One must prioritize, when managers tell you they feel what they are doing is most critical. Imagine the demands on the president like this.

Is there a department to deal with a meteor hitting the earth? If a meteor did hit the US, are we prepared as we could be? No. Is it the Presidents fault? If Dr. X had been saying we should be prepared, then is it the Presidents fault?

Because the military has been neglected, Trump ran up the deficit bringing it up to date, for which he has been criticized, but if there was a war, he would be praised.

So then, with hindsight, Trump should have run up the deficit another trillion to fight the virus. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to see into the future, apparently, no leader in the world was.

If there was no budget restrictions, every possible risk exposure could be prepared for as perfectly as possible.

Add to the scenario this. The democrats have created and will push to the maximum the narrative that somehow Trump lessened the preparedness for the virus, by a bad decision. i.e. the exit of the admiral. Further, they have created virus swat teams, that never existed, that they want to blame Trump for eliminating.

The CDC was tasked with identifying and monitoring potential bio threats, in conjunction with the military.

I am very familiar with the task force concept. A group of experts and movers are brought together to deal with a specific threat or problem. Responsibilities and needs are divided, under the head of the task force. In essence the threat is identified, , standards are set to address it, compliance is constantly measured and adjusted. Command and control is the result.

This is how the virus is being addressed.

The process was changed, the responsibility remained, and was fulfilled. Could the response been better? Always, no matter how good it was.

shmogie

The US has abundant gasoline, for the time being. The US is now exporting its oil reserves which it hadn’t done before and the reason the US is exporting instead of importing is because the world is running out of their reserves.

The end of oil is upon us.
Not Russia or Saudi Arabia, they are pumping at maximum capacity.

They want to put American shale producers out of business, to once again control the market.

The world is awash in oil.

james dixon

Premium Member
I personally agree with most of his policies.
The Trump I see today is NOT the man he “said” he was during the election

Our greatest achievement is impeaching trump

----Donald Trump's greatest achievements----

Trump revokes background checks to buy guns

NEWS FEB 28 2017, 8:39 PM ET

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.
Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Monday rejected an Obama-era plan to make automobiles more fuel efficient, opening up a long process to weaken current standards and putting California and the federal government on a collision course over vehicle emissions.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/04/02/world/asia/02reuters-usa-epa-autos.html

Trump sons' hunting in focus as US lifts import ban on African elephant trophies

The Trump administration’s decision to loosen restrictions around the import of elephant trophies from Zimbabwe and Zambia has turned attention back to the president’s family’s own connection to the controversial sport.

Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump are prolific big-game hunters and during the 2016 campaign, images re-emerged of the pair on a 2011 hunting trip posing with animals they had killed on safari, including an elephant, a buffalo and a leopard.
Jane on Twitter

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump again called for an end to the filibuster and said there will be no deal with Democrats on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, also known as DACA.

"Border Patrol Agents are not allowed to properly do their job at the Border because of ridiculous liberal (Democrat) laws like Catch & Release. Getting more dangerous. 'Caravans' coming. Republicans must go to Nuclear Option to pass tough laws NOW. NO MORE DACA DEAL," Trump tweeted Sunday morning.
Trump tweets: 'NO MORE DACA DEAL' - CNNPolitics

Now I can add this---

After taking care of his first batch of issues, he progressed onto the next by establishing a new federal office for vaccine freedom, which has the purpose of providing people a way out of vaccination easily via religious preference
Trump moves against mandatory vaccination |

Trump mocks glasses worn by Chinese officials in rambling speech riddled with false claims

Trump is the worst president ever. He is a true con artist who has lied and cheated his way to the top. At least from there it will be a long hard fall to the rocky bottom.

Milton Platt

Since the outbreak of 2019-nCoV spread in the United States, some media like CNN has published a number of news attacking Trump’s efforts to contain the outbreak of virus. These news has caused unnecessary panic in America. And now, these reports gave China the perfect opportunity to attack the United States.
As we know, CNN has completely ignored the efforts of President Trump to contain the outbreak of virus. In recent days, they have reported extensively on various message from the CDC attacking the government for doing nothing. But now, these large-scale reports have caught China’s attention. On March 12, the spokesman of Chinese Foreign Ministry posted 5 messages on Twitter, he suspected the U.S military brought the virus to Wuhan. Now they have a lot of evidence, CNN helped them!

What planet have you been living on? Pleases provide actual quotes from said news media which you think are not true. Don't forget to provide links to sources and don't take quotes out of context.
Thanks very much.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
That can be done entirely by yourself.
There is no one who can teach you any spiritual truth more profound than what you will realise by sitting quietly, doing nothing.
I used to think that, for about 15 years altogether. But, also knowing I wasn't the only person that might, I did read Lao Tzu, Emerson, Christ, and many others that clearly did that well. Of course, one learns that some profound wisdom is out there.

james dixon

Premium Member
The world is awash in oil.
The human race needs to learn how to survive in comfort without oil.
Ok.,,,., we have about 40 years until is all pumped out of the ground & that is a long time
to make that transition. We have the time so no need to panic today; Yet!!.

The end of the Fossil Fuel era is upon us so what are we going to do next-?

Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy
source through 2030.

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the
current consumption rate.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing your habits and this spells doom
for us all.

North Sea is running too dry to meet target
Wednesday July 4, 2007

The real casus belli: peak oil
Tuesday June 26, 2007

Science Panel Finds Fault With Estimates of Coal Supply
Published: June 21, 2007

Chevron announces that they now have 11.8 years of oil left at current production levels
after aquiring Unocal reserves
07/08/05
An Oil Enigma: Production Falls Even as Reserves Rise
Published: June 12, 2004

"The decline of oil and gas will affect the world population more than climate change"

In January 2001, the U.S.
Department of Energy estimated the world's supply of unexploited oil reserves the world
supply of oil will be totally exhausted 35 years from now (June 2003).

World oil and gas 'running out'
Thursday, October 2, 2003 Posted: 1245 GMT ( 8:45 PM HKT)

The Oil Crunch
Published: May 7, 2004
The question, instead, is when the trend in oil prices will turn decisively upward. That
upward turn is inevitable as a growing world economy confronts a resource in limited supply.
But when will it happen? Maybe it already has.

Natural gas markets undergo turbulent transition as domestic production declines
Tuesday, December 16, 2003

"Texas' oil resource is pretty well picked over,"

Oman's Oil Yield Long in Decline, Shell Data Show
Published: April 8, 2004

Half of Texas’s oil wells have dried up in the past 40 years and there are very few new ones.

Tight Oil Supply Won't Ease Soon
Published: May 16, 2004
Two dollars for a gallon of gas? Get used to it. High fuel prices are here to stay, at least for
the near future, because no relief is in sight for tight oil supplies.

NOTE: I removed the links because they are not allowed

Google "end of oil"
This Is The End of The Fossil Fuel Age as We Know It, Says Report
BEC CREW

16 JUN 2016
Fossil fuels are holding on, but end of their reign is nigh, says a new report from Bloomberg New Energy Finance, which predicts that wind and solar will be cheaper than coal and gas generators by 2027, and electric vehicles could make up 25 percent of the global car fleet by 2040.

The peak year for coal, gas, and oil looks to be 2025, and then it’s all downhill from there. For big oil guys, at least. "You can't fight the future," says lead researcher, Seb Henbest. "The economics are increasingly locked in."

Released on Monday, Bloomberg’s New Energy Outlook report has found that US $11.4 trillion will be invested in new energy sources over the next 25 years, and two thirds of that will go towards renewables, particularly wind and solar.

Any new coal plants will mostly be cropping up in India and other emerging markets in Asia.

The report explains:
"Cheaper coal and cheaper gas will not derail the transformation and decarbonisation of the world’s power systems. By 2040, zero-emission energy sources will make up 60 percent of installed capacity.

Wind and solar will account for 64 percent of the 8.6TW [1 Terawatt = 1,000 Gigawatts] of new power generating capacity added worldwide over the next 25 years, and for almost 60 percent of the $11.4 trillion invested."

The report predicts that coal, gas, and oil will peak by 2025, and will hit its final decline even sooner than that, concluding that, "coal and gas will begin their terminal decline in less than a decade".

By 2027, the real tipping point will occur, when fossil fuels will be well and truly on the decline and renewables have been established long enough that they’ll likely be generating energy more cheaply than existing coal, gas, and oil refineries. And there’s nothing quite like a cheaper price to accelerate an industry even further.

World governments vow to end fossil fuel era at UN climate signing ceremony
Representatives of more than 170 countries endorse Paris agreement to cut carbon emissions, with France’s president saying: ‘There is no turning back’

the truth will set you free :)-

shmogie

The human race needs to learn how to survive in comfort without oil.
Ok.,,,., we have about 40 years until is all pumped out of the ground & that is a long time
to make that transition. We have the time so no need to panic today; Yet!!.

Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy
source through 2030.

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the
current consumption rate.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing your habits and this spells doom
for us all.

North Sea is running too dry to meet target
Wednesday July 4, 2007

The real casus belli: peak oil
Tuesday June 26, 2007

Science Panel Finds Fault With Estimates of Coal Supply
Published: June 21, 2007

Chevron announces that they now have 11.8 years of oil left at current production levels
after aquiring Unocal reserves
07/08/05
An Oil Enigma: Production Falls Even as Reserves Rise
Published: June 12, 2004

"The decline of oil and gas will affect the world population more than climate change"

In January 2001, the U.S.
Department of Energy estimated the world's supply of unexploited oil reserves the world
supply of oil will be totally exhausted 35 years from now (June 2003).

World oil and gas 'running out'
Thursday, October 2, 2003 Posted: 1245 GMT ( 8:45 PM HKT)

The Oil Crunch
Published: May 7, 2004
The question, instead, is when the trend in oil prices will turn decisively upward. That
upward turn is inevitable as a growing world economy confronts a resource in limited supply.
But when will it happen? Maybe it already has.

Natural gas markets undergo turbulent transition as domestic production declines
Tuesday, December 16, 2003

"Texas' oil resource is pretty well picked over,"

Oman's Oil Yield Long in Decline, Shell Data Show
Published: April 8, 2004

Half of Texas’s oil wells have dried up in the past 40 years and there are very few new ones.

Tight Oil Supply Won't Ease Soon
Published: May 16, 2004
Two dollars for a gallon of gas? Get used to it. High fuel prices are here to stay, at least for
the near future, because no relief is in sight for tight oil supplies.

NOTE: I removed the links because they are not allowed

Google "end of oil"
BEC CREW

16 JUN 2016
Fossil fuels are holding on, but end of their reign is nigh, says a new report from Bloomberg New Energy Finance, which predicts that wind and solar will be cheaper than coal and gas generators by 2027, and electric vehicles could make up 25 percent of the global car fleet by 2040.

The peak year for coal, gas, and oil looks to be 2025, and then it’s all downhill from there. For big oil guys, at least. "You can't fight the future," says lead researcher, Seb Henbest. "The economics are increasingly locked in."

Released on Monday, Bloomberg’s New Energy Outlook report has found that US $11.4 trillion will be invested in new energy sources over the next 25 years, and two thirds of that will go towards renewables, particularly wind and solar.

Any new coal plants will mostly be cropping up in India and other emerging markets in Asia.

The report explains:
"Cheaper coal and cheaper gas will not derail the transformation and decarbonisation of the world’s power systems. By 2040, zero-emission energy sources will make up 60 percent of installed capacity.

Wind and solar will account for 64 percent of the 8.6TW [1 Terawatt = 1,000 Gigawatts] of new power generating capacity added worldwide over the next 25 years, and for almost 60 percent of the $11.4 trillion invested."

The report predicts that coal, gas, and oil will peak by 2025, and will hit its final decline even sooner than that, concluding that, "coal and gas will begin their terminal decline in less than a decade".

By 2027, the real tipping point will occur, when fossil fuels will be well and truly on the decline and renewables have been established long enough that they’ll likely be generating energy more cheaply than existing coal, gas, and oil refineries. And there’s nothing quite like a cheaper price to accelerate an industry even further.

Representatives of more than 170 countries endorse Paris agreement to cut carbon emissions, with France’s president saying: ‘There is no turning back’

the truth will set you free :)-
I saw all kinds of charts and predictions in the early 70's about how the oil supply was totally exhausted, that was 50 years ago. Uh, all of it was wrong.

For a variety of reasons, turning from oil would be good, but we aren't going to run out of it for a long. long time.

shmogie

What planet have you been living on? Pleases provide actual quotes from said news media which you think are not true. Don't forget to provide links to sources and don't take quotes out of context.
Thanks very much.
You think everything the Democrat News Network says is factual? The same network that said Trump was a racist and over reacting when he halted air travel from China into the country?

Please.

Milton Platt

You think everything the Democrat News Network says is factual? The same network that said Trump was a racist and over reacting when he halted air travel from China into the country?

Please.

No such thing as a network called the "Democratic News Network", so stop with the hyperbole.
I don't think any news source is always factual. People make errors. I check sources when I am able. But it is fairly easy to check when Trump or anyone else makes a claim about a past public person or event to go back and look at what actually happened.

Please provide links to sources re: Trump is a racist. I have no idea if he is or not, but it goes without saying he has called the Covid-19 virus a "Chinese virus", which may not be racist, but is insensitive and incorrect. Viruses do not have nationalities.