• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop all fake news! Trump is a great President!

dfnj

I officially move to I'm peach and remove him from office. He is unfit to lead. Democracy needs a literacy test so this doesn't happen.

It's happened before:

Top 10 Bushisms
The Stupidest Things President George W. Bush Has Ever Said

10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000(Listen to audio clip)

8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)

7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

6) "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

3) "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's happened before:

Top 10 Bushisms

10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000(Listen to audio clip)

8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)

7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

6) "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

3) "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)
Trump, Obama, & Bush....they sure can entertain with a verbal faux pas.

Every country in Europe, and China have incompetent leaders, if you look at their responses, and deaths, if judged by this new Trump standard.

Most have been, that's the problem.

When it dies down, lets tally up the scores, and see who wins..

Keeping 'score' is pretty dumb as even if all countries responded in exactly the same manner there would be massive variance between countries based on luck, data collection methods, testing availability, weather, population density, medical facilities and coverage, population healthiness, economy and social security, etc.

Where I live (non-Western country) we are 'winning' compared to almost all Western countries and the govt here has been breathtakingly inept. However bad Western leaders may have been, they are all geniuses compared to the response here.

If you only looked at the 'scorecards' though, it would seem like a textbook response.

shmogie

That comment is really daft.
Europe was behind China.
America id 5-7 weeks behind Europe.

Do you pay any attention to news reports? ADD, possibly?

One could not say that. Our Chief Medical and Science Officers HOPE for that.
Don't pretend you're an expert........ you might look silly.
Oh, I pay attention to what's going on. You don't think that that the errors and failed approaches of other countries are not noted, here, so that they aren't made?

Do you think that the US isn't watching treatment modalities in other countries and learning and modifying them to be more effective?

Do you think that comparative large number of researchers, universities, public health experts, immunologists, virologists in the US don't give us an advantage in dealing with this virus?

I note you have a penchant for personal, negative comments. Why is that? You know it is against the rules, don't you?

Or, do you think you have said it in a way that you can get away with it? I won't report you, but think about it,

Just deal with the idea's, name calling or personal negative comments only show the weaknesses of your argument.

shmogie

There are good public policies and there are bad public policies. Do nothing while claiming there's nothing to worry about was very bad public policy in this case. Many people may actually die as a result of Trumps lack of action or incompetence at actually doing the job of governing.

I bet you were in love with the boy wonder also: Bush declared four days after the storm, “I don’t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees” Except every expert who was shouting it at the time!

It's not surprising people who hate government and everything government stands for do a horrific job governing when it matters. I am not surprised Trump dropped the ball when it really mattered. People who hate science are not good at it. People who think experts are stupid make HUGE mistakes. It's just common sense causality. If you think doctors are stupid and ignore their advice at some point it will bite you when it really matters.

I am interested in seeing what happens in red states with this pandemic. People continue to think it's just a made up left wing conspiracy to make Trump look bad. It may turn out really ugly. In a town in Washington state I just read they are converting a soccer field into a field hospital so they can isolate patients who have the virus. I'm not sure the rest of the country is at the point of turning soccer fields into field hospitals!
I personally remember when Trumps daddy bought him out of the draft, when I was 1A cannon fodder, I was quite angry about it.. So don't say I am in love with him. I was not a Trump supporter, I supported Ted Cruz. So, another ignorant accusation you have made, that is wrong.

I don't hate government, I hate a large, bloated , intrusive government.

You keep saying Trump failed, but have not given any example of an action or policy that illustrates this. Like all his critics, you can only cite words.

Red states will do as well, or better than blue states. State governments have as good, or better leadership than blue states. We will see.

dfnj

I personally remember when Trumps daddy bought him out of the draft, when I was 1A cannon fodder, I was quite angry about it.. So don't say I am in love with him. I was not a Trump supporter, I supported Ted Cruz. So, another ignorant accusation you have made, that is wrong.

I don't hate government, I hate a large, bloated , intrusive government.

You keep saying Trump failed, but have not given any example of an action or policy that illustrates this. Like all his critics, you can only cite words.

Red states will do as well, or better than blue states. State governments have as good, or better leadership than blue states. We will see.

Wasn't Ted Cruz born in Canada and really didn't qualify to be president?

I think people have clearly outlined Trumps failure with responding to the coronavirus. His inaction will lead to unnecessary deaths in my opinion. All because he doesn't believe the federal government has a role in governing. This is my opinion. You may not think I have shown anything but this is what I think. Trump is a worthless narcissistic self-centered self-serving POS human being. I just can't sugar coated any longer.

Besides inbreeding, I'm not sure red states are much better than blue states on anything. Blue states have all the money for a reason. The government is trying to promote the general welfare in blue states and this matters. The three governors of New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut are working together to respond to the crisis because the federal government no longer exists. You may think having no federal government is a better approach I think it's pure insanity. Again, my opinion.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Still, that doesn't mean that the virus arrived in Europe before Ameristan.
It's possible (likely) that it arrived at the same time, but differences in how
populations behave resulted in more rapid spread on your side of the pond.
I'll stick with the opinions of our CMO and CSO.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Oh, I pay attention to what's going on. You don't think that that the errors and failed approaches of other countries are not noted, here, so that they aren't made?

Do you think that the US isn't watching treatment modalities in other countries and learning and modifying them to be more effective?

Do you think that comparative large number of researchers, universities, public health experts, immunologists, virologists in the US don't give us an advantage in dealing with this virus?

I note you have a penchant for personal, negative comments. Why is that? You know it is against the rules, don't you?

Or, do you think you have said it in a way that you can get away with it? I won't report you, but think about it,

Just deal with the idea's, name calling or personal negative comments only show the weaknesses of your argument.
Name calling.?
I rather think that I learned that from such as you.
Don't bother me again if you cannot handle my posts.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Well....you could offer them in answer to my question.
Why.... that's yesterday's news.
We're moving too fast to back-peddle for the slow-coaches. :D

Every Gym, Cinema, Sports facility, Cafe., Restaurant, Leisure centre in the whole of UK has just been closed until further notice.

The government is going to pay 80% of all wages for anybody who gets laid off from the employment over this, initially up to three months.

Most of us thought it would just be in Greater London. Wow!

I think the boffins feel sure that in a few weeks we will be where Italy is now. Goodness only knows where Italy will be. And we heard about the California lock-down..... 40 million people.

shmogie

Every Gym, Cinema, Sports facility, Cafe., Restaurant, Leisure centre in the whole of UK has just been closed until further notice.

The government is going to pay 80% of all wages for anybody who gets laid off from the employment over this, initially up to three months.

I think the boffins feel sure that in a few weeks we will be where Italy is now. Goodness only knows where Italy will be. And we heard about the California lock-down..... 40 million people.
California is not really in lock down, there are a many exceptions given for various reasons.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Still much commerce going on around here.
Restaurant carry-out ("takeaway" in Limey
lingo), hardware store, Menards, grocery.
And Menards has re-stocked pretty well.

Riders

So the OP worships Trump and Trump's backers are in a religion? Ok I'm going to remember that when I post to Republican political posts.

MonkeyFire

It's happened before:

Top 10 Bushisms

Trumps is far worse than Bush and that's saying something.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Yeah........ our takeaways can still operate and most of our shops are open.

Before long we will see face-masks worn in all western cities. These are now being described as 'protective equipment' on our news channels. I think it was irresponsible to tell Americans to 'skip them..' and I do wonder whether your CSO might have been pressed by the White House to say that.

Anyway, we'll find out one day.

Meanwhile, Italy gets worse and worse. It's us next....... I don't doubt that at all.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

One of the frustrating things about folks ignoring Trump's rhetoric is the assumption that they are "only words," ignoring the actual power a political leader's words have. And I don't mean his silly mistakes, I mean his very real rhetoric that affect real people.

But aside from words, there have been actions by him that have negatively impacted policy, such as getting rid of the pandemic response team.

shmogie

One of the frustrating things about folks ignoring Trump's rhetoric is the assumption that they are "only words," ignoring the actual power a political leader's words have. And I don't mean his silly mistakes, I mean his very real rhetoric that affect real people.

But aside from words, there have been actions by him that have negatively impacted policy, such as getting rid of the pandemic response team.
The "pandemic response team" was an admiral on the national security council, and his staff. Their responsibility was coordinating responses to bio war attacks, and internal pandemics. This was two years ago, and his responsibilities were assigned to others.

So, the idea that this was a critical mistake isn't true. Members of the Admirals staff have been circulating this story.

Pique, you think?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Trumps is far worse than Bush and that's saying something.

I live in Virginia. Our state has most of the districts conservative (red, about 90% of the districts), but because of the huge population of liberals, in a few tiny spaces mostly in Northern VA, the Democrats have majority and it flipped blue. So, I hear Trump basically saying not to panic and that things would be over easily.

Only, our governor, at odds with much of our state, has decided to effectively shut down all business. You can stay at home, or you can stay at home. This prick, who I didn't vote for, is making it so I can't go to the library to read something while all this blows over, I can't go to the movies, and I probably can only go to a few churches if thet haven't outright all been ordered closed in clear violation of separation of church and state. In fact, since many bishops are in the pocket of the government this is happening alot.

Bur you ask, "Why would you want to? Aren't you worried about it spreading?" No, I am not. I am worried about the state taking over, and deciding who can go where by arbitrary decision of who is sick or not. I am not worried about something that has even infected only small pockets of ppl. If anything, staying indoors with dusty air is likely to make people sicker. And I am worried about panic setting in and creating violence and food shortages.

"Those who trade freedom for safety deserve neither."

Anyone who wants to quote Italy's sickness as a reason to quarantine should take a look at what Italy did. They quarantined. When there were only about 1000 cases, and only about 20 deaths, they locked ppl in, about 50000 ppl. Number jumped to about 14,000 cases, and about the same percent of deaths. So now they're quarantining everyone. Because quarantine worked so well. Btw, if you have a stinking pile of garbage nearby, the bacteria from that will make you sicker. What happens wgen people can't go out even to toss trash? What about when they can't get groceries?

Last edited:

shmogie

Yep, ditto in rural Az. Safeway and Basha's ( an Arizona supermarket chain) open and doing business, same for pharmacies.

aeon6

Yep, ditto in rural Az. Safeway and Basha's ( an Arizona supermarket chain) open and doing business, same for pharmacies.

Relearn to ride the trusty bike, unless the distances there are too formidable. Who wants to bike to the moon in a forsaken place that resembles the moon?
I have an auto but rarely use it unless trekking north. I suspect even petrol will be soon rationed, so decide now how dependent you want to be on it. Of course that can be like changing a leopard's spots with most people. Obstinate.