• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stone & Trump

Stanyon

WWMRD?
You get your "news" from Fox, right?.

No, why do you ask? You weren't prefacing your post with that weak strawman to attempt to deligitimize my post were you? You would do much better to come up.with something more but in the end it seems the prosecutors did mislead the court as to their intentions.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No, why do you ask? You weren't prefacing your post with that weak strawman to attempt to deligitimize my post were you? You would do much better to come up.with something more but in the end it seems the prosecutors did mislead the court as to their intentions.
Simply because you're terribly misinformed about the prosecutorial process and the DoJ & the president's very limited role under both the law and our tradition.

Thus, since Fox is not in the formula, you would do much better if you studied.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Simply because you're terribly misinformed about the prosecutorial process and the DoJ & the president's very limited role under both the law and our tradition.

Prosecutors misled the court and got shot down, you and others are attempting to make mountains out of molehills which seems a common theme.

ecco

Veteran Member
None of which has anything to do with prosecutors misleading the court as to their sentencing recommendations or the fact that it is being spun as some Trump conspiracy.

Please specify exactly how the prosecutors mislead the court as to their sentencing recommendations.

There is no conspiracy. Trump said, "jump" and Barr said, "how high?" It's not a conspiracy theory when it's demonstrably true.

ecco

Veteran Member
Will that be your response if they do get yet another investigation and it comes to nothing just like all the rest?

Remind me of how many of Trump's people got convicted as a result of Mueller's investigation. It's so many, I can't keep track. One of the first was the guy Trump told to lie to Pence about meeting with the Russians.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Remind me of how many of Trump's people got convicted as a result of Mueller's investigation. It's so many, I can't keep track. One of the first was the guy Trump told to lie to Pence about meeting with the Russians.

“did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

source:
Mueller finds no collusion with Russia, leaves obstruction question open

What exactly were they convicted of? you can attempt to keep the collusion delusion alive but in the end the investigation is over and the facts are out.
Americans....
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
“did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”
source:

What exactly were they convicted of? you can attempt to keep the collusion delusion alive but in the end the investigation is over and the facts are out.
Americans
tenor.gif
"Mueller and his team filed charges against 37 defendants, secured seven guilty pleas and one conviction at trial. Six former associates and advisors of President Trump were among those charged. "
From the same link.

metis

source:

Americans....
tenor.gif
That's from Article I of Mueller's report, but Article 2 has it that Trump obstructed with justice and could be held accountable once out of office, which is why I have strong doubts he would step down if he loses this November as he has no respect for the "rule of law".

IOW, our democracy is in danger-- literally.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
IOW, our democracy is in danger-- literally.

Heard it all before several times over, keep peddling that fear because a fear based vote is still a vote right? Maybe you support attacks on Trump voters "by any means necessary". This is what that fear breeds

not politically motivated?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
"Mueller and his team filed charges against 37 defendants, secured seven guilty pleas and one conviction at trial. Six former associates and advisors of President Trump were among those charged. "
From the same link.

And what were the charges?

No collusion, but let's take a walk down memory lane:

"Cold hard evidence"

More proof and more shoes droppin':

random media silliness:

source:

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
And what were the charges?
Breakdown of the indictments: Here's a breakdown of indictments and cases in Mueller's probe

No collusion, but let's take a walk down memory lane:
Collusion isn't the only crime a person can commit. They were charged with other crimes relating to the investigation. For instance, obstruction of justice and witness tampering. Those are crimes too.

They also didn't find evidence for collusion with little green men or shoplifting candy from the local market. Doesn't mean they're acquitted from the other crimes.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Collusion isn't the only crime a person can commit.

Financial crimes are a long way from collusion and it's already been settled by the investigation that there wasn't any collusion. I think some desperately cling to the collusion delusion because they were assured over and over again by their chosen media outlets. Maxine Waters believed there was collusion calling for "impeach 45" because of it, after the report came out she stated that she still believed he colluded even though she had zero facts... and people like this were fair and unbiased in their voting during the impeachment?

It seems it's worse than some religious adherents that have a world view that cannot be changed even with facts.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Financial crimes are a long way from collusion and it's already been settled by the investigation that there wasn't any collusion. I think some desperately cling to the collusion delusion because they were assured over and over again by their chosen media outlets. Maxine Waters believed there was collusion calling for "impeach 45" because of it, after the report came out she stated that she still believed he colluded even though she had zero facts... and people like this were fair and unbiased in their voting during the impeachment?
Obstruction of justice, witness tampering, lying to investigation, those are not "financial crimes". Also, the issue here isn't if they were charged with one single specific "collusion with Russian Government" charge, but rather that they committed other crimes relating to the case.

Someone runs a red light and crash into another vehicle. The defense: "Well, at least I wasn't drunk."

Who cares if they were indicted for collusion when they actually did other crimes relating to the election and during the investigation and relating to said investigation.

metis

Maybe you support attacks on Trump voters "by any means necessary".
Nope.

But I do believe that basic Judeo-Christian morals and those laws and legal traditions of our Founding Fathers (and Founding Mothers) really count. Too bad Trump and all too many of his defenders don't. As one constitutional professor said last night on the news, "We are now in uncharted waters". To ignore the possible ramifications of this is ignorance and/or uncaring what this nation was founded for.

What it really boils down to is 7-9 years for talking trash to someone on a telephone. That's pretty absurd. People in this country don't get that sort of sentence for holding up a stop and rob with a loaded gun. Beyond that it's never been proven that he had any connection to Wikileaks or anything else, but how do you interfere with a Russian Collusion that didn't happen? :D The sentencing for this entire situation is absolutely bonkers and politically driven.

Even if truly guilty on all counts, I'd still expect a 1-2 year sentence with supervision -- Stone would be a first time offender for a non-violent crime with possible reductions for cooperation and or good behavior in the future. If Trump commutes or pardons it'll be completely in regard to this, and I'd tend to agree even though I don't care much for Stone.
Mindmaster I agree with you on the sentencing.

The issue, as Trump’s own AG Barr has now publicly said in an extraordinary televised rebuke of his boss, is that our President’s addiction to Tweeting about criminal cases involving his allies, is making it impossible for the AG to do his job with integrity.