• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stimulus checks. Are other countries giving people stimulus checks

Heyo

Veteran Member
I know there are many here from other countries so I was just curious if the country you live in is giving out stimulus checks, bailout money, etc.
What is your country doing? Thanks in advance.
Germany didn't give out personal checks, but then, we already have a social net, well equipped to handle such situations. Very few people lost their jobs and got reduced hours compensations (the state practically continuing to pay the wages when the corporations can't). Businesses got compensations for lost revenue to keep them afloat. Hardest hit and least compensated where jobs in the gig economy. Artists of all sorts are the real losers.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Yes, a great question!

It irks me, the attitude of people in this country (U.S.)!
They (well, let me just say, ‘many’) feel so entitled!

“I have my rights!” Pullease! No appreciation, just selfish & unthankful.

That’s whatcha call spoiled.

I tell ya what: I worked hard for 40 years, then I developed heart problems....I loved to eat rich foods, a benefit from living in this privileged country (I’m not blaming the country, it’s totally my fault)... then was able to get disability.

I AM GRATEFUL!

(And on top of that, I got a great little wife, very industrious! I’m doubly grateful!)

Altfish

Veteran Member
I know there are many here from other countries so I was just curious if the country you live in is giving out stimulus checks, bailout money, etc.
The UK has many workers on furlough, the government is paying something like 80% of their salary.

Brian2

Veteran Member

Yes stimulus is handed out in Australia. It does not cover all of those effected by the pandemic however, a bit unfair in that regard. It is called a job retention allowance and it is so people don't lose their jobs while the Pandemic is running it's course. It also keeps the economy ticking over because people have money to buy things and stops other problems with the economy which would happen if people just did not have money.
In many cases people are getting more than what they would working, and businesses are also getting hand out to keep them going. We have less bankruptcy of businesses now than we do in normal times.
The Government is winding it back now, and there will be a big impact on some businesses that will have to wait a long time before business picks up, travel businesses especially.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Stimulus Checks?"
No. We don't want to stimulate anything. We want to shut things down. We want to suspend anything that would encourage people to go out and interact.
What we should be doing is putting everything on hold. Monetary support should go to individuals, for rent, food, &c -- as they stay indoors and post on RF. Once the pandemic is over they can go out and unlock the doors to their businesses.