• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stillness speaks

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to my fellow seekers.

Yes, it is that time of the day again.

Time for another of my wildly popular and inspirational threads!

If you have a bunch of time to spare, I would recommend a site by the same name as this thread is called.

Plugging that phrase into Google mainly takes you to a book by Eckhart Tolle.

But if you were to scroll down you will find the site I am speaking of.

It's yet another HUGE site - more "stuff" to read than most people are likely to have the time & the inclination.

Here is their list of teachers - and even more in the menus if that aint enough for you ...

Ramana Maharshi - Stillness Speaks

The other teachers are listed at right of screen.

Enjoy your browsing!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Greetings to my fellow seekers.

Yes, it is that time of the day again.

Time for another of my wildly popular and inspirational threads!

If you have a bunch of time to spare, I would recommend a site by the same name as this thread is called.

Plugging that phrase into Google mainly takes you to a book by Eckhart Tolle.

But if you were to scroll down you will find the site I am speaking of.

It's yet another HUGE site - more "stuff" to read than most people are likely to have the time & the inclination.

Here is their list of teachers - and even more in the menus if that aint enough for you ...

Ramana Maharshi - Stillness Speaks

The other teachers are listed at right of screen.

Enjoy your browsing!
I very nuch agree.

Over the years I have gone to some services that seemed more like rock concerts, which is possibly all fine & dandy if one's going to services for entertainment purposes, but that's not what I go for. Instead, I use the mass as a great time for contemplative meditation that includes what's being said but not confined to just that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ramana Maharshi is to me one of the realized ones. And the aptly named David Godman's videos are among my favorites.

“There is no greater mystery than this: being Reality ourselves, we seek to gain Reality.