• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still New - Disappointed

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Huh that’s interesting. I’ve always kind of wondered what the difference between European conservatives and US conservatives is. I guess I assumed it would look the same as the difference between Aussie cons and US cons, since our conservatives seem to mimic the UK “version.”
What issue/s do you take with the US cons, if you don’t mind my asking?

Do I dare ask what that site is all about? Lol

The US is much further right than the other developed nations. The religious right tends to keep us from being on par with the others.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Of course, the "woke" are well-informed, intelligent, open-minded, tolerant, and who feel empathy for their fellow humans, plus don't suffer from self-loathing like those who actually use the word "woke" to describe others.
If that's what they are, you can't tell it by what they say.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm not looking for a place where everyone agrees. I'm looking for a place which isn't saturated by those people. I'm also looking for a space within this place where I can be free of those people.
The only way to be free from problems from this earth is to die. In the meantime we might as well make the best of it and try to help people IMO

exchemist

Veteran Member
Having discussions?
When someone puts on a long winded post, to say something that could have been said in one paragraph, I tend to think they just want to listen to themselves talk
Indeed, but very few people here do that, apart from the psychiatrically disturbed or obsessives, of which it's true we do have a small number.

But I suppose it depends a bit what you mean by "long winded". There are people (idiots, mostly), who think anything worth saying can be expressed in three sentences or fewer.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Of course, the "woke" are well-informed, intelligent, open-minded, tolerant, and who feel empathy for their fellow humans, plus don't suffer from self-loathing like those who actually use the word "woke" to describe others.
The only time I hear the term "woke" is by those on the right to use it to disparage or dismiss anyone who isn't transphobic, homophobic, sexist, racist, etc.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The US is much further right than the other developed nations. The religious right tends to keep us from being on par with the others.
What I don't understand is why people who aren't on board for a theocracy still align themselves with those who push such an agenda, especially considering many of them wouldn't fare well under such a regime.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
What I don't understand is why people who aren't on board for a theocracy still align themselves with those who push such an agenda, especially considering many of them wouldn't fare well under such a regime.

I think the more sane ones don't want the party fractured. They would rather have some power than none at all. I guess. I don't see us moving toward a multiparty system. It's probably gonna be D or R unless something major changes.

Truth in love

I've been here a little while. Remember when I asked if this was a paradise for woke snowflakes? Well, it seems to be from the responses I've had to a few posts. First, you have the group who can't manage to accept the fact women are a biologically based thing. Second, you have the weird woke group. Is there a forum area for non woke, non sjw people?

Not really. I’ve had to block a dozen or so people who can’t follow the rules.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not exactly. More, a same interest, similar views area. Like how this place has different sections for economic policies. If it doesn't, that's fine. I'll likely just start ignoring the worse of these people, for my own peace of mind and enjoyment. After all, I'm here to enjoy my time here, not deal with woke netizens and the alphabet mafia for days on end.
Might as well just move on then. This is place is over all very friendly and supportive of LGBT.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Is this really how you view anyone advocating for rights, equality, and liberty?
Oh I'm all for that.

What I'm not for is the incessant need by insecure people who feel the need for inclusivity to be forced and pushed into anything and everything that isn't nailed down.

People who don't care about this stuff need their space too.