• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still New - Disappointed

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm not looking for a place where everyone agrees. I'm looking for a place which isn't saturated by those people. I'm also looking for a space within this place where I can be free of those people.
There's a politically conservative section on the board.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Not to digress from the thread subject, but what are some of the key differences between Europe and U.S. conservatives, aside from theocratic agenda and gun fetishism? Specifically, what criteria disqualified you from the DIR?

The RF criteria are:
"Subscribing to the ideas of fiscal and social conservatism. Policies often include support for limited government, limited taxation, a balanced budget, state rights, and restrictions on abortion, same-sex marriage, social welfare, drug legalization, and public administration of services. People who find themselves in this ideology often identify with political organizations such as: The “Tea” Party, the US Republican Party, The Conservative Party (UK), The Liberal Party of Australia, and the Free Democratic Party of Germany."

My brand of conservatism includes support for capitalism and a market economy, respect for traditional institutions, including the monarchy and an unelected House of Lords, changing them by evolution rather than revolution, support for a nuclear deterrent and the armed forces, belief in the positive impact of religion on society. However I also support the Welfare State, the need for regulation of business to keep it serving the interests of society, and believe the government has a duty to prevent too big a gap in wealth opening up in society.

Until a decade or so ago, many British Conservative MPs were more or less along these axes - what we called the One Nation Tories, after Disraeli: One-nation conservatism - Wikipedia. Under Bozo, many of them have been booted out of the party or exiled to the back benches.

A moment's glance at the RF criteria will show that it is quite different, notably in its meaningless, negative embrace of "limited" taxation and government action, its repressive sexual policies, something called "state's rights" which don't apply in the UK, and a marked absence of any sense of responsibility towards the poor. Franky, I find many of the people who do seem to embrace these criteria stupid or obnoxious, or both.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
There's a political subforum called "conservative only", by which they mean in the American sense, so I for example don't qualify in spite of having been a conservative voter much of my life. But that is all.
Huh that’s interesting. I’ve always kind of wondered what the difference between European conservatives and US conservatives is. I guess I assumed it would look the same as the difference between Aussie cons and US cons, since our conservatives seem to mimic the UK “version.”
What issue/s do you take with the US cons, if you don’t mind my asking?

If you want a place with more like-minded people to yourself, have you thought of Trump's Truth Social? Or is that beyond the pale to you?
Do I dare ask what that site is all about? Lol

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
MAGA cultism, election denial, QAnon and other wacky conspiracies, etc.
Just as a I suspected but didn’t want to outright confirm lol
Still
upload_2022-9-15_1-42-12.gif

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The RF criteria are:
"Subscribing to the ideas of fiscal and social conservatism. Policies often include support for limited government, limited taxation, a balanced budget, state rights, and restrictions on abortion, same-sex marriage, social welfare, drug legalization, and public administration of services. People who find themselves in this ideology often identify with political organizations such as: The “Tea” Party, the US Republican Party, The Conservative Party (UK), The Liberal Party of Australia, and the Free Democratic Party of Germany."

My brand of conservatism includes support for capitalism and a market economy, respect for traditional institutions, including the monarchy and an unelected House of Lords, changing them by evolution rather than revolution, support for a nuclear deterrent and the armed forces, belief in the positive impact of religion on society. However I also support the Welfare State, the need for regulation of business to keep it serving the interests of society, and believe the government has a duty to prevent too big a gap in wealth opening up in society.

Until a decade or so ago, many British Conservative MPs were more or less along these axes - what we called the One Nation Tories, after Disraeli: One-nation conservatism - Wikipedia. Under Bozo, many of them have been booted out of the party or exiled to the back benches.

A moment's glance at the RF criteria will show that it is quite different, notably in its meaningless, negative embrace of "limited" taxation and government action, its repressive sexual policies, something called "state's rights" which don't apply in the UK, and a marked absence of any sense of responsibility towards the poor. Franky, I find many of the people who do seem to embrace these criteria stupid or obnoxious, or both.

Much as I don't like the direction the Liberal Party has taken over the last 20 years in Australia, it would still meet your criteria at a broad level.

By that I mean these items;

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I'm not looking for a place where everyone agrees. I'm looking for a place which isn't saturated by those people. I'm also looking for a space within this place where I can be free of those people.
Good luck with that. I think the "woke" just like to hear themselves talk.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've been here a little while. Remember when I asked if this was a paradise for woke snowflakes? Well, it seems to be from the responses I've had to a few posts. First, you have the group who can't manage to accept the fact women are a biologically based thing. Second, you have the weird woke group. Is there a forum area for non woke, non sjw people?
I started to feel at home here after 50k or so posts.
Be patient & open to finding where & how you fit in.

Tips....
1) Know which posters are just a waste of your time.
Avoid &/or end discussions with them quickly.
2) Strive to be engaging & interesting.
You'll attract people of that ilk.
3) Enjoy bacon.
It puts you in the best frame of mind.
4) Try the jokes forum. We go there to have fun,
& some relief from the more tedious forums.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Anyone who can abide by the RF rules can be a member. Hence it's a pretty disparate bunch here. No one is excluded based on opinions. Feel free to ignore any posts or posters that you wish to.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Not exactly. More, a same interest, similar views area. Like how this place has different sections for economic policies. If it doesn't, that's fine. I'll likely just start ignoring the worse of these people, for my own peace of mind and enjoyment. After all, I'm here to enjoy my time here, not deal with woke netizens and the alphabet mafia for days on end.
So pick and choose, as we all do.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hard to find these days.

Too many insecure and confused people. It's a mixed up screwed up world we live in by people who think the world must absolutely revolve around them.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I started to feel at home here after 50k or so posts.
Be patient & open to finding where & how you fit in.

Tips....
1) Know which posters are just a waste of your time.
Avoid &/or end discussions with them quickly.
2) Strive to be engaging & interesting.
You'll attract people of that ilk.
3) Enjoy bacon.
It puts you in the best frame of mind.
4) Try the jokes forum. We go there to have fun,
& some relief from the more tedious forums.
Dang - you had me until #3!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I've been here a little while. Remember when I asked if this was a paradise for woke snowflakes? Well, it seems to be from the responses I've had to a few posts. First, you have the group who can't manage to accept the fact women are a biologically based thing. Second, you have the weird woke group. Is there a forum area for non woke, non sjw people?
^ Kudos! Some of the best trolling I've seen in some time. :D