• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still New - Disappointed

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not exactly. More, a same interest, similar views area. Like how this place has different sections for economic policies. If it doesn't, that's fine. I'll likely just start ignoring the worse of these people, for my own peace of mind and enjoyment. After all, I'm here to enjoy my time here, not deal with woke netizens and the alphabet mafia for days on end.

Click an avatar, one of the options on tje popupnis ignore

F1fan

Veteran Member
I've been here a little while. Remember when I asked if this was a paradise for woke snowflakes?
So right away you showed your bias and intolerance. This won't be an effective way to debate and engage with well-informed and ethical members.

Well, it seems to be from the responses I've had to a few posts. First, you have the group who can't manage to accept the fact women are a biologically based thing. Second, you have the weird woke group. Is there a forum area for non woke, non sjw people?
So you are admiting your failure to present a valid and acceptable argument? Could it be your bias is more the problem than open minded and tolerant members?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Not exactly. More, a same interest, similar views area. Like how this place has different sections for economic policies. If it doesn't, that's fine. I'll likely just start ignoring the worse of these people, for my own peace of mind and enjoyment. After all, I'm here to enjoy my time here, not deal with woke netizens and the alphabet mafia for days on end.
There's a political subforum called "conservative only", by which they mean in the American sense, so I for example don't qualify in spite of having been a conservative voter much of my life. But that is all.

If you want a place with more like-minded people to yourself, have you thought of Trump's Truth Social? Or is that beyond the pale to you?

Reyn

The Hungry Abyss
There's a political subforum called "conservative only", by which they mean in the American sense, so I for example don't qualify in spite of having been a conservative voter much of my life. But that is all.

If you want a place with more like-minded people to yourself, have you thought of Trump's Truth Social? Or is that beyond the pale to you?
Trump's Truth Social? I'm not familiar.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Trump's Truth Social? I'm not familiar.
Truth Social

They welcom "open, free, and honest global conversation without discriminating against political ideology."

"At the moment, Truth Social is available for U.S. users only,"

So if you live in the US and agree with trump its the place for you

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Not to digress from the thread subject, but what are some of the key differences between Europe and U.S. conservatives, aside from theocratic agenda and gun fetishism? Specifically, what criteria disqualified you from the DIR?

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Truth Social

They welcom "open, free, and honest global conversation without discriminating against political ideology."

They say without discrimination against political ideology, but I wonder how left leaning views would actually fare there.

There is also a site called "Gab" which is a rightwing twitter clone.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not to digress from the thread subject, but what are some of the key differences between Europe and U.S. conservatives, aside from theocratic agenda and gun fetishism? Specifically, what criteria disqualified you from the DIR?

Not sure if you meant to include me in that;-)

ChristineM

Premium Member
They say without discrimination against political ideology, but I wonder how left leaning views would actually fare there.

I understand quite a few leftist comments are pounced on by mods.

It is shadow banning "unsavoury" posts.

Several people have been banned over Jan 6 comments.

And Google play jas banned the app over content violations.

The left do not survive there

Audie

Veteran Member
I'm not looking for a place where everyone agrees. I'm looking for a place which isn't saturated by those people. I'm also looking for a space within this place where I can be free of those people.
Then go before you are contaminated by
these ( eeeewwwwh) people.

F1fan

Veteran Member

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I understand quite a few leftist comments are pounced on by mods.

It is shadow banning "unsavoury" posts.

Several people have been banned over Jan 6 comments.

And Google play jas banned the app over content violations.

The left do not survive there

It's not surprising that those who loudly bellow "Free speech!" are quick to squelch it once it runs afoul of their narrative and bias. A recent example is the push to ban LGBT books from public libraries.

Reyn

The Hungry Abyss
Truth Social

Interesting. I'm not part of MAGA but thank you.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I personally desire to ban LGB+T books from elementary schools. Do you know why? Children don't need to be exposed to this crap.

And some parent would like there children to learn as much as possible before they become adults.

Edit . So what's the answer, ban the books and disenfranchise those who are open about their children's education. Or give instructions that your own children should not be educated in certain matters and let the rest of the world get on with its life?

Last edited: