• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still don’t think white privilege exist?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
You can call it racism or whatever you like. I don't see any good coming out of the black culture until it is brought into Western Civilization.

No, we need to have 'White pride' days, and a month so we can demonstrate the cultural richness of our heritiage.

Good-Ole-Rebel

You don't see European cultural richness in America? Like language, holidays, food, customs?

MikeDwight

Not at all! its dead. The only stuff like that is Thanksgiving from Puritans obviously, and St Patrick's Day. punch me I'm not wearing green. What else would there be? Anybody?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Not at all! its dead. The only stuff like that is Thanksgiving from Puritans obviously, and St Patrick's Day. punch me I'm not wearing green. What else would there be? Anybody?

Halloween. Christmas. Christianity. English. How we typically season our food. Table manners. Dress.

Some of the best stuff in America like music and certain regional cuisines, are amalgams of various cultures including African American culture. Where would rock be today without it?

MikeDwight

The Pope isn't going to recognize your celebration of All Hallow's Eve. Its Irish children running crazy around your house. Christmas was when we ambushed the Hessians. A "Christmas Miracle" revolution, as some claim, is to ignore Washington's Disregard for Christmas. The German who's a nonchristian celebrates Christmas, my men can go get them in the dead of night. Speaking English is of course miles away from English being in its Place in a society of nations and language. What about when Paris was the Cosmopolitan city, Woodrow Wilson used this word, Cosmopolitan, and the King had a Swiss guard and reinforcements were coming from the Austrians the birthplace of his wife Marie Antoinette. European heritages are not fashionable at all.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The Pope isn't going to recognize your celebration of All Hallow's Eve. Its Irish children running crazy around your house. Christmas was when we ambushed the Hessians. A "Christmas Miracle" revolution, as some claim, is to ignore Washington's Disregard for Christmas. The German who's a nonchristian celebrates Christmas, my men can go get them in the dead of night. Speaking English is of course miles away from English being in its Place in a society of nations and language. What about when Paris was the Cosmopolitan city, Woodrow Wilson used this word, Cosmopolitan, and the King had a Swiss guard and reinforcements were coming from the Austrians the birthplace of his wife Marie Antoinette. European heritages are not fashionable at all.

How does any of that contradict my assertion that those are American cultural elements that are European in origin?

MikeDwight

Because if Europeanism came up with these cultural elements, no, it wouldn't happen. Churches for instance I've studied and they all have to move to an American center since the 1900s. Lincoln as a religious center, the Date for the English Reformation Thanksgiving formalized on Washington's Thanksgiving Thursday, sort of a peace offering. We only celebrated a Christmas with Americanization commercialization, again America decides this. Halloween pretends to mark a catholic holiday. Table Manners? How are we supposed to argue table manners?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Of course I do. Which is why we need a white pride day. Or, are you saying Europeans are not white.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Nope. I am saying that we celebrate European culture by having those elements as a big part of our own culture.

It's not that there aren't other cultural elements, but the minority cultures that also contribute have also faced violent and cruel oppression. Having pride in their communities showcases their uniqueness in a positive way.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Because if Europeanism came up with these cultural elements, no, it wouldn't happen. Churches for instance I've studied and they all have to move to an American center since the 1900s. Lincoln as a religious center, the Date for the English Reformation Thanksgiving formalized on Washington's Thanksgiving Thursday, sort of a peace offering. We only celebrated a Christmas with Americanization commercialization, again America decides this. Halloween pretends to mark a catholic holiday. Table Manners? How are we supposed to argue table manners?

Huh? You've lost me. Sorry, I am not quite sure how something like Halloween not being Catholic excludes it from being European.

MikeDwight

Huh? You've lost me. Sorry, I am not quite sure how something like Halloween not being Catholic excludes it from being European.
What are you two criticizing?! How can it be European when we invented it while here in America?! How does that make it European? Are you taking every invention a White American makes and calls its European, then a Bunch of stuff "is European", that's ridiculous.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
What are you two criticizing?! How can it be European when we invented it while here in America?! How does that make it European? Are you taking every invention a White American makes and calls its European, then a Bunch of stuff "is European", that's ridiculous.

Halloween is originally a Celtic feast appropriated by the Catholic church.

This happened in the 9th century, about 700 years before Columbus ever reached America. Trick or treating might be an American thing, but the actual "holiday" is not.

All Saints' Day - Wikipedia

Halloween - Wikipedia

MikeDwight

but its 1900's new York that Irish Catholic kids started accepting candies instead of breaking your windows.That's Exactly the Entire holiday. You would be a Crazy person to cite that Catholic Holiday . 100% of people assume its from the devil and they are not slightly talking about the catholic holiday. Its American.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Nope. I am saying that we celebrate European culture by having those elements as a big part of our own culture.

It's not that there aren't other cultural elements, but the minority cultures that also contribute have also faced violent and cruel oppression. Having pride in their communities showcases their uniqueness in a positive way.

Just having elements as part of your culture doesn't celebrate your culture. We should have a white pride day and month to showcase the richness and accomplishments of our culture.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Just having elements as part of your culture doesn't celebrate your culture. We should have a white pride day and month to showcase the richness and accomplishments of our culture.

Good-Ole-Rebel

It does when it's ubiquitous.

This seems like that argument that goes something like "All our achievements are because of European achievement during the Age of Discovery and Industrial Revolution." An argument that ignores the contributions other cultures made during that time and the violence and cruelty used to manufacture those achievements.