• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still a Seeker GASH!!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Yeah, I'll admit, I'm still a seeker. I had two people say I change my religious views too much. I tried Satanism for a couple of days, then I found out I'm definitely not one hehehe.

I don't know, if you do mind me always asking you can ignore me, sorry I'm a pest to you, but I guess it's a need.

This time I'm looking philosophically though, religion is less important to me now.

Basically, I think we can do things without moderation without them becoming attachable or if they hurt an innocent (only innocent) person.

I know I don't put my will before everyone's will though, it depends on which one is more logical. Let's say if I were to kill my parents and save 2 million people, my will would be to save my parents and let 2 million die, but it is more logical to let 2 million people live so I would do that instead.

I don't believe moderation is necessary to avoid attachment. I believe you can do a thing you love a number of times, but realize there is more things besides just that.

Innocent people are nice people or people that never really gotten anything even if they haven't really given anything.

Innocent can be anyone up to the point where they harmed you or a person you love. Basically it is someone you can depend on or have never had problems with.

I am indeed majorly against Abrahamic Religions if that matters, but I do not harm a religious person, but do not mind harming the religion itself.

Strict taxation of all churches—If churches were taxed for all their income and property, they’d crumble overnight of their own obsolescence, and the National Debt would be wiped out as quickly. The productive, the creative, the resourceful should be subsidized. So long as the useless and incompetent are getting paid, they should be heavily taxed.

Such as that^ if that matters.

I also think we shouldn't harm/kill nonhuman animals unless for food or if they are a threat. If you are going to ask me about testing, I have nothing against it but believe it would be wiser since it is human medicine to test it on a human, it'll get more accuracy anyways.

The Sum of Awe

I believe in the Force still but put it aside from philosophy, just as I do with Gravity and Air.

Otherright

Otherright
Yeah, I'll admit, I'm still a seeker. I had two people say I change my religious views too much. I tried Satanism for a couple of days, then I found out I'm definitely not one hehehe.

I don't know, if you do mind me always asking you can ignore me, sorry I'm a pest to you, but I guess it's a need.

This time I'm looking philosophically though, religion is less important to me now.

Basically, I think we can do things without moderation without them becoming attachable or if they hurt an innocent (only innocent) person.

I know I don't put my will before everyone's will though, it depends on which one is more logical. Let's say if I were to kill my parents and save 2 million people, my will would be to save my parents and let 2 million die, but it is more logical to let 2 million people live so I would do that instead.

I don't believe moderation is necessary to avoid attachment. I believe you can do a thing you love a number of times, but realize there is more things besides just that.

Innocent people are nice people or people that never really gotten anything even if they haven't really given anything.

Innocent can be anyone up to the point where they harmed you or a person you love. Basically it is someone you can depend on or have never had problems with.

I am indeed majorly against Abrahamic Religions if that matters, but I do not harm a religious person, but do not mind harming the religion itself.

Such as that^ if that matters.

I also think we shouldn't harm/kill nonhuman animals unless for food or if they are a threat. If you are going to ask me about testing, I have nothing against it but believe it would be wiser since it is human medicine to test it on a human, it'll get more accuracy anyways.

You don't have to decide. You don't have to label yourself. Keep seeking. You'll find something you like, or you'll blend different ideologies.

Spirituality is obviously an important aspect of your being. It may be that you never find a particular doctrine that is you to a tee. But that's fine. From what I've gathered about you, you are still young.

Neurologically, you are giving yourself an advantage right now by being undecided. If you can hit that milestone of 26 without being decided, you may be able to bypass dogmatic structures completely.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Its all how you look at things. I would save my parents not out of love but because the world is over populated anyway and 2 million people is a good start to reducing the population. My parents will also help insure I'm not reduced. This is far more logical to me.

The Sum of Awe

Its all how you look at things. I would save my parents not out of love but because the world is over populated anyway and 2 million people is a good start to reducing the population. My parents will also help insure I'm not reduced. This is far more logical to me.

Though is it not only just to you? Objectively it is just 2 vs a million.

The Sum of Awe

You don't have to decide. You don't have to label yourself. Keep seeking. You'll find something you like, or you'll blend different ideologies.

Spirituality is obviously an important aspect of your being. It may be that you never find a particular doctrine that is you to a tee. But that's fine. From what I've gathered about you, you are still young.

Neurologically, you are giving yourself an advantage right now by being undecided. If you can hit that milestone of 26 without being decided, you may be able to bypass dogmatic structures completely.

I've been undecided before, a seeker for a long time before. For some reason I feel like I want to tell people my beliefs if they ask, but not have to explain the whole shameal.

The Sum of Awe

Depends on whom you ask, I guess.

I have always got the impression it is not "rid desires" as such, but "don't want what you can't have, be happy with what you can". :)

But it doesn't hurt to try to get what you want but don't have.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Though is it not only just to you? Objectively it is just 2 vs a million.

I realize that and I will do my best to insure I am not in the two million. I also realize that plenty of people will be like you. I feel secure in my position and life lasting.

Boethiah

Penguin
My first advice would be to keep on seeking. It is fun to seek for new ideas and feel what is right for you, but it can also be frustrating. Finding something that you're not familiar with is not easy!

Also, have you tried inventing a religion? Sometimes other religions just don't fit right. A religion made by you for you could fit better, maybe.