• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephen Fry Intelligence 2

gnomon

I remember watching that one. Enjoyed it very much. Mr. Fry has always been one of my favorite entertainers and intellectuals to listen to. One day I'll get around to reading that novel of his I bought.

Wessexman

I saw that debate before, I thought each side was pretty poor. The anti-Catholics were clearly playing into the anti-traditional, anti-hierarchy, anti-authority and liberal and modern preconceptions of modern Brits. I mean Christopher Hitchens'(whose brother is far more interesting.) concluding remarks were an emotional appeal about the church's position on homosexuality, if I recall correctly. It was no great victory, unless one considers demagogary a victory. That said the Catholic side was underwhelming as well.

Stephen Fry... Where I have I seen him before? Hmm...

Apparently it will soon be mandatory for him to appear in every BBC production.

Last edited:

gnomon

I saw that debate before, I thought each side was pretty poor. The anti-Catholics were clearly playing into the anti-traditional, anti-hierarchy, anti-authority and liberal and modern preconceptions of modern Brits. I mean Christopher Hitchens'(whose brother is far more interesting.) concluding remarks were an emotional appeal about the church's position on homosexuality, if I recall correctly. It was no great victory, unless one considers demagogary a victory. That said the Catholic side was underwhelming as well.

Apparently it will soon be mandatory for him to appear in every BBC production.

Have anything more constructive?